Next "Football & War" seminar talks - The Valley, Tuesday August 6th 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Blitzwalker, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Hope this isn't a problem posting here as not an exclusively DHFC event but I thought following the interest shown in the event held at Champion Hill in March, there might be some Hamlet fans who'd like to come along. The next "Football & War" seminar talks event will be heading on the road on Tuesday August 6th, this time to Charlton Athletic FC and as well as the talks from a variety of speakers, there will be an opportunity to visit the excellent CAFC Museum, which is at the "Covered End" of The Valley. There will also be the unveiling of a memorial to Geoff Reynolds, a Charlton player killed in Normandy in 1944 and following this, there will be a short Blitz Walk, guided my myself and military historian Clive Harris. This will take us to The White Swan pub in Charlton Village, where there will be a programme of talks, in a similar format to our evening at Champion Hill.

Obviously, the evening will have a Charlton, rather than DHFC theme but the talks and guided walk will appeal to all football fans with an interest in the history and heritage of the sport. The CAFC Museum will be open from 4pm on the day, with the memorial unveiling and dedication at 6pm and the evening of talks starting from 7:45pm.

As before, supporters of ALL football clubs are most welcome to attend any or all of the events.

Attached Files:

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Isn’t this the first midweek of the season? Hopefully we won’t be playing... if not I shall be there. The night at Champion Hill was fascinating.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Yes, so unfortunately there's a 50% chance our first home league match will be that evening.

4. Blitzwalker

That's a pity - from my point of view as well as it means I'll potentially miss a home match. We'll have to see how the fixtures pan out.

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If we're lucky it might be Hemel or Concord away! Or one of the clubs that plays its midweek games on a different day.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  6. Blitzwalker

Poster.JPG

Poster now attached in a legible format - please note that the White Swan pub is in Charlton Village, SE7 as the address on the poster is a bit confusing!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sadly we are at home to Wealdstone at the same time, but I hope to get there at four to at least look round the museum.