1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York City Guide: Offbeat destinations for adventurous visitors

Discussion in 'New York/US' started by editor, Nov 21, 2006.

1. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yeah, I guess it really works as a kind of 'escape from the hustle and bustle' type of thing. On a crowded touristy weekend day, it kind of has the opposite effect unfortunately.

2. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Leviticus 26:12

Got back on Wednesday morning after another wonderful time. I have only one fairly unusual thing to add to the "offbeat" thread you all may not be aware of:

Following a browse through Hells Kitchen Flea if you walk back downtown along 10th avenue from 38th street to about 25th there are a load of busy taxi part shops and garages and old businesses. It feels really old NYC and not a sniff of new bars or gentrification.

Reminded me of the kind of city scenes Editor likes to photograph. Very interesting walk

alsoknownas and editor like this.
  3. MikeMcc

MikeMcc Well-Known Member

4. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I've eaten at the UN dining room several times. It's awesome value for money. Although as you leave, after your eat as much as you want buffet, there is a notice appealing for contributions to help world hunger. The irony seemed lost on most diners!

5. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Going over on the QM2 this week ......hope to hit the subway "hard" for the 1964 trains on the C local.

And a few other things....

editor likes this.
  6. petee

petee i'm spartacus

7. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

MetroCard Deals and Promotions

One of these years , I am going over to ride these little beauties ....such a good idea , I wish we could see something like this in London , but the system is just too busy...

pogofish likes this.