Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Helga, Jan 12, 2005.
edit you muppet!
duly done.....had a bit of a moment...sorry
here, have some gum
Woo, got a CD this morning. Pretty sure it's from here we go. Liking it a lot so far. Haven't recognised any tracks so far, but liked nearly all of them. Listening to an excellent Dizzee Rascal remix/mashup at the moment....no, wait, it's a mellow sounding drum n' bass thing.
Yeah, liking this CD a lot. Cheers.
Ooh, now it's Squarepusher. I like. I think I put this (My Red Hot Car) on my last urburn CDs.
You did and it was brilliant.
Thank you Easy G I've just got your CD and I really like it
(my mom likes it too )
You're not getting off that easily
*re-inks black mark next to LD Rudeboy's name*
erm....no you haven't!!!
I wonder whos this is then, if you're sending to me as well that means I'm getting three
you lucky thing you!
i've not received either of my designated urburns
i have, however, had excellent out-of-hours ones from jrj2020, soggy hernia, musty gusset, chorlton and hiccup
i'm now preparing my third batch for dispatch
dirty martini, jrj2020, golightly and hiccup, they'll be on their way over the next couple of days, promise
Makes up for not getting them the last two times I did urburn I reckon
Whoever sent me the greatest psychedelic garage album in the world ever album thank you very much, I really like it
oddly i got three as well, the last one being from you! something weird in the world of urburn...
Forcible redistribution. it's the only way.
so, anyone up for the next urburn? any objections if i take it on?
precedent does seem to imply that the person who first suggests it gets the honours sir!
Yep. Nope. You standing on a naming and shaming guaranteed ticket?
i'll take that as a yes
you damn right i am
urburn 4 thread (i did it quick before anyone changed their mind )
Being a big fan of psychedelic garage myself, I've got most of the tracks already (-I'm quite jealous of anybody that's hearing them for the very first time!).
Many thanks (-at last!) for a really great compilation. (-I'm 99% certain I know who sent it! Ta. )
<...stomps back out of the thread again, but this time with a slight skip in his step...>
track 15 kinda gives it away huh?
-And the related front cover pic.
-And the postmark.
-And the handwriting on the envelope.
-And the general coolness contained on the aforementioned CD.
('Gathering Of The Tribe' -one of my all time faves. Cheers! )
and I thought that the gathering of the tribe would be one of those that would make almost anyone go 'ooh, what's that lil belter?'. Hey ho, still magnifico three minutes twenty-seven seconds.
And I'm sure you recognise whart casued the delay - trying to get all those tracks down to eighty minutes! Oh there's so much that was missed out......and it was so tempting to just include nearly all of Pebbles Vol 1 as they really are the all-time classics, but that would just have looked way too lazy, and wouldn't have been half as exciting for anyone who already owned that!
1. [Untitled Track] Unknown - Cambodian Rocks 3.13
2. Woolly Bully Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs 2.21
3. I Aint No Miracle Worker The Brogues 2.49
4. Are You A Boy, Or Are You A Girl? The Barbarians 2.18
5. Mr Pharmacist The Other Half 2.32
6. My Soap Won't Float Regiment 2.16
7. Bat Macumba Os Mutantes 3.08
8. Minsato Le Orchestra Poly-Ritmo De Contonu Dahomey--The Psychedelic Sounds Of West Africa 3.15
9. Daddy Buy Me A Girl Golden Earrings 2.44
10. You've Got A Habit Of Leaving Davy Jones 2.30
11. Friday On My Mind The Easybeats 2.52
12. I Can Only Give You Everything The Little Boy Blues 2.33
13. Psychotic Reaction Count Five 3.06
14. A Question of Temperature The Balloon Farm 2.41
15. Louder Julian Cope 0.36
16. Biff! Bang! Pow! The Creation 2.29
17. Social End Product The Blueness 2.32
18. Gathering Of The Tribe Macabre 3.27
19. It's My Pride The Guess Who 2.47
20. Touch The Outsiders 3.13
21. Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White Standells 2.37
22. Real Crazy Apartment Winston's Fumbs 2.52
23. 7 and 7 Is Love 2.24
24. [Untitled Track] Unknown - Cambodian Rocks 3.27
25. You're Gonna Miss Me The 13th Floor Elevators 2.31
26. El Ruido Del Silencio El Tarro De Mostaza 3.05
27. The World Is A Bomb Survival 2.26
28. Bottle Up And Go Mile Ends 2.14
29. I Fought The Law Bobby Fuller 2.14
30. Five Years Ahead of My Time The Third Bardo 2.15
I'd only ever heard one track before but I really give the whole album a thumbs up, worth the wait.
The builders next door have woken me up three days running now and had loud arguements all day and so now I've got this playing very loudly next to an open window for them
It's just about the most savage, supernatural and apocalyptic 60's garage tune I can think of.
Tell me about it! I've spent far too long today trying to decide what tracks I'll have to leave off a psyche-comp I'm doing for a friend at the mo'. ('-Oooh, it's like being forced to choose between yer kids!', etc... )
When it totals just over 80 minutes, I've sometimes even 'pitched up' the whole lot ever-so-slightly so that it'll then fit on...
Was it one of these?:
Biff! Bang! Pow!
You're Gonna Miss Me
I Fought The Law
They're probably the most well-known tracks on there.
Payback with the playback!
Separate names with a comma.