1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW SPONSOR PICFAIR - VOTE FOR THE 17/18 HOME KIT

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Apr 25, 2017.

?

Which kit do you prefer? (Totally unofficial poll)

1. The sash one (aka Crystal Palace)

52.5%
  2. The non sash one with the Hitler H (apparently)

47.5%
  1. YTC

YTC Human Man

This x 1000

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Except the research wasn't done by The Telegraph. They just reported on its findings :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: x 1000

3. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Give it a rest.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  4. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

When I took my St George's flag (with South London across the middle) to Needham... no one said anything to me at the time or complained!! funny that... :hmm:

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  5. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Can we start a 'Tedious Discussion About The Merits or Otherwise of Displaying Flags' thread?

Keep it in one place, like.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

No one has complained about anything except Mishi!

clog and editor like this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

All too polite or too busy complaining about hummus shortage.

8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

9. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

I see Dagenham and Redbridge have trumped us all on the flag debate.

[​IMG]

10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

As I say, I didn't read it, as it was the Telegraph, so didn't open the link. My point was about people even helping the advertising revenue of such a right-wing paper by clicking on the link.

B.I.G likes this.
  11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I think both designs are mediocre. The odd pink sleeve on the first one just looks silly, and having another mostly navy kit would be a poor choice when we know there is an issue with players sometimes mistaking the referee for a teammate.

The second design looks messy with the thin stripes at the edge of the broad stripe, the navy patch for the number, and the badge being on an overly large blue patch along with the sponsor's logo. Get rid of the thin stripes and the blue patch on the back and it would be OK - basically the reverse of our most traditional shirt design last worn a couple of seasons ago.

I don't understand why people have to keep reinventing our club's shirt. The best designs are those that have already been used, which is probably why they were chosen in the first place.

iamwithnail, clog, darryl and 4 others like this.
  12. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Agree that neither design is fantastic (I prefer this season's kit to either of them), but I still think it's a great exercise by the club to put it to a vote. I'm very picky about football kit tastes anyway so I'm probably hard to please, as I guess a lot of us are. Even though I don't like the single pink sleeve on the sash shirt, I voted for it, as the stripe/Hitler second alternative looks really clumsily designed in terms of where the badge etc are positioned (assuming that is how the final version would look).

Do a Google Image search on 'Cerezo Osaka shirt' to see some really cracking pink and blue shirt designs from down the years.

If we're keeping the same away kit for next season, will it have the new sponsor's logo on it?

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

What on earth is all this 'Hitler' nonsense people keep going on about? What possible connection does he have with any of our kits?

clog, AndyF and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  14. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

It's just a reference to what was said in the original poll on this thread. I don't think anyone actually thinks there's a Hitler connection.

15. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Agree with this 100% - not keen on either of the new designs and would have much preferred a return to a more traditional pink and blue shirt. Unfortunately, a facet of modern football is to keep messing around with the shirt every other season so that people who buy replica shirts who feel they have to have the latest one will be obliged to buy it. Cynical money grabbing exercise.

editor likes this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Well the prat who did the poll shouldn't have fucking mentioned it then! Grr!

17. Dulwich Mishi

We actually make very little profit from replicas. Check the price of them compared to what professional clubs charge...

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

#adblocker

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

#humourlessgit

clog likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm all for the voting - it's a great idea. It's just a shame that the process wasn't a bit more interactive from the start.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It was a daft comment someone made earlier. I just thought Sash vs Hitler made the poll sound more exciting :D

clog and Ronco like this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

Cyclodunc likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

Exciting? Humour or whatever...

I, for one, don't want anything to do with my Club associated with Hitler, no matter how 'exciting' it might make a poll look.

AndyF and supersafari like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

:facepalm:

clog likes this.
  25. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

To work out how much profit you make it would be a better idea to compare the price of the shirts and what it costs to stock them rather than comparing to what other clubs charge!

clog and editor like this.
  26. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Why? I think Mishi probably knows pretty well the actual profits made from replica shirts.

27. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed, I meant 'little profit' as in the mark up percentage, to what we sell them at.

28. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

The reality is that the big clubs probably source the kit at a much lower cost price given the scale of their purchasing power and they certainly sell them at a much higher price. Economics 101.

I would also, respectfully, point out that changing the Hamlet kit regularly is hardly a new phenomenon, as this article from the wonderful Jack McInroy points out:

The Hamlet Historian: Gentlemen's Outfit

I have to confess that the last "Ernie Toser" section brought a certain degree of moisture to my tear ducts. I know it's been mentioned in other threads but, if you haven't seen it before, it's well worth a read...

29. Dulwich Mishi

I have no idea what 'Economics 101' means.
    I left school with one 'O' Level, and despite my postings on here that was English Language not economics.

AndyF likes this.
  30. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Its looking like a landslide for the sash on the official vote. In your face sash doubters! :D

blueheaven, Cyclodunc and YTC like this.