1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW SPONSOR PICFAIR - VOTE FOR THE 17/18 HOME KIT

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Apr 25, 2017.

?

Which kit do you prefer? (Totally unofficial poll)

1. The sash one (aka Crystal Palace)

52.6%
  2. The non sash one with the Hitler H (apparently)

47.4%
  1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If only you were one of the "two photographers from the local no-league circuit" - you could have got it changed!

:D:D:p

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think it's great they wanted to interact with the fans. More power to them. I think there could be improvements in the process though and I think some valid points have been raised. That's all good, no?

3. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

just watching 'the mouse that roared'. the grand duchess' dress seems to be the inspiration behind the new kit .

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Yes, I agreed one hundred per cent...it's good that you think.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I like the new kit after the changes. Looks nice.

6. YTC

YTC Human Man

Votes have swung back in favour too!

B.I.G likes this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I wonder who that was :D

The Archbishop of Banterbury perhaps?

8. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Liking the updated version
    But loving this tweet #Thunderbirdsarego

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Pink Panther and editor like this.
  9. PartisanDulwich

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's people changing their votes so they can be on the winning side.

#billericaystyle

11. PartisanDulwich

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  12. PartisanDulwich

When Donald Trump announced an investigation into voter fraud today, I thought he was referring to the Presidential election.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's a vast improvement. I like that much better. Well done to whoever tweaked the design.

It's not too dissimilar to one of the earliest ever kits recorded in photograph from the Edwardian era, which is all navy with pink sleeves and a pink button-up collar extending down the front.

I just typed "pink & blue hammer & sickle t shirt" into google images. There are other similar shirts available, you should be able to find something you like. That particular version apparently represents "Trans Pride", which I only just noticed when looking a second time, so you may find yourself making some unexpected new friends if you get one!

Lucy Fur and Cyclodunc like this.
  14. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

The stripes within the hammer & sickle are in the order of the stripes on this Transgender Pride flag: Transgender flags - Wikipedia (the "most prominent" of several such flags according to the oracle, wikipedia)

I'm sure there's an article or a tweet somewhere saying all Dulwich fans are Transgender Communists...

15. YTC

YTC Human Man

Pretty sure I heard someone say that at Harlow.

16. Pink Panther

This is the one it reminds me of, from 1908/9:

[​IMG]

Not really much different to having numbers on the front of the shorts, which we've had in previous kits and which is fairly commonplace.

Jimbob73 and Northern Dave like this.
  17. Northern Dave

Northern Dave Active Member

The Laws of the Game require that undershirts are the same colour as the main part of the sleeve, although they are silent on what is supposed to happen when the sleeves are different colours. The wording of the law has been around for some time, and I cannot recall seeing a referee, even one of those with a particular reputation for pedantry asking a player to remove an undershirt that at least matches part of the sleeve. Of course I do not hear what the referee tells the players before they come onto the pitch, but spending a lot of time photographing a team at step 4 that plays in amber (more orange the last couple of seasons) with black trim, black undershirts seem to have been acceptable in practice, although not strictly allowed under the wording of the law. Nonetheless, the fewer opportunities the referee has to be a pedant at the most inconvenient moment the better.

Personally, I think both sleeves the same colour looks better in any event, sleeves in opposite colours only really work with halves or quarters on the body.

Numbers on the front of shirts are a big help to neutral and opposition photographers when supplying captions for local papers and publications like the Non League Paper, otherwise you need a picture of the player from the back, and then match up the boots and haircut to identify him. They also help opposition announcers and match secretaries identify scorers. Numbers on shorts usually sit on the side of the leg when the shorts are worn, so they solve the problem about two thirds of the time (i.e. looking at a player straight on, or from the side the number is showing). Numbers on the front of shirts seem to have been universal at international level for years, and as a regular photographer I keep hoping they will percolate throughout the game.

18. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

19. Pink Panther

Peru is the team I always associate with a sash on their shirt. In the late seventies I had a Peruvian friend Marco - we used to kick a football around together in Horniman Gardens. In the days before replica shirts were commonplace he had a home-made Peru shirt, which his mum had made by sewing a red stripe onto a plain white t-shirt, a bit like the shirt worn by the smallest mascot in this team picture:

[​IMG]

And who can forget their classic 1978 World Cup team!

And goalkeeper Ramon "El Loco" Quiroga!