1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New records - what have you just bagged?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fez909, Oct 6, 2014.

1. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Same here. I'm a really late to the game on it. I'd seen copies of the LP sell for well over a hundred quid, and there was a bit of excitement when it finally got reissued, but for some reason I thought it wouldn't be of interest to me. How wrong I was, incredibly deep, meditative, almost pyschedelic rhythms, percussion and vocals. I absolutely love it, from the moment I first heard it last week I knew it would be with me forever, I've been playig it ever since. If only I'd realised before it had a 7 minute version of Run Come Rally on it, one of my favourite songs and one I collect every version of :):thumbs:

ETA:Just realised it was this thread I heard it on, thanks shifting gears :thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Just came through the letter box

BCBlues and nogojones like this.
  3. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Ground Elder likes this.
  4. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Nice crop of tunes, err cropped, that I've been after for a while:

And this, which I've never heard of before and can't find on the tubes: De Los Miedos - Let's Dance!

Apathy and Ground Elder like this.
  5. Ground Elder

Today some early Philly

Yesterday more filling the gaps in my Kent collection
    [​IMG]

Then this dropped on the door mat addressed to the wife. Never can decide whether I love or hate this tune.

BCBlues likes this.
  6. Ground Elder

Fez909 likes this.
  7. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Just bought a reissue of the x ray spex album. What a shit pressing, probably the quietest record I now own. Surface noise drowns out the opening to o bondage. Skips and pops. Horrible.

8. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Cheryl Lynn! Nice touch.

9. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Got a couple of 7s from Leroy mafia.

10. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Just bought this

Wanted the original but it's fucking rididuclous monies so I got this edit. It's quite subtle.

And the same story with this

I can't even find a YouTube of the edit I got (Mock and Toof - Rvng of the Nrds Vol 3), but the snippet I heard makes it sound like not much has changed. *fingers crossed*

11. Biscuitician

Biscuitician Banned Banned

Affinity by Haken.

Prog metal meets eighties synth (sort of).

12. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I went looking for the new Gojira album yesterday ( its not out yet :facepalm:) and ended up with L'Enfant Sauvage instead. It's my first taste of Gojira and liking them so far. Sort of French prog metal.

13. Biscuitician

do they have growly vocals?

14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Mais oui.

15. Biscuitician

Ugh. I really dislike that style, which is a shame because there are so many otherwise great bands. But, c'est la vie! :D

hash tag likes this.
  16. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

My visitors are still sleeping and I am trying to keep the volume down, but the is a fare amount of instrumental.
    The new album has had great reviews, which got my interest. They have released this and it's not growly, just a little dark
    and moody :thumbs:

17. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Just got this on 7". I hate 7" records for some reason but I'm gonna have to get over my irrational dislike if I want to get all the tunes I like.

And this

18. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Couple more tunes this week

The Kiki gyan album

And this jaunty little thing :cool:

19. krtek a houby

krtek a houby it can't happen here

Got Beach Fossils debut album today (from 2011, so not "new" in that sense). We heard them in a bar in Iceland a few months ago & was instantly curious. There's a bit of Cure, Joy Division feel to some of their stuff.

20. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Hey Biscuitician , the new gojira album, magma, is hot, loving it. I can even make out the words in some vocals. Listen to it three times in a few days ( very little free time right now ). Recommend stranded.

21. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Hey Biscuitician , the new gojira album, magma, is hot, loving it. I can even make out the words in some vocals. Listen to it three times in a few days ( very little free time right now ). Recommend stranded.

22. Ground Elder

23. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Bumper crop of records this week:

Donna Summer - Spring Affair
    Various - Kern vol 3, The Rarities
    Dream 2 Science - Dream 2 Science
    Binny - Retrospective EP
    Henry Wu - Good Morning Peckham
    Joubert Singers - Stand on the World
    Lyn Christopher - Take Me With You
    Althea Forrest & Togetherness - Hey Mister
    Sean P/Various - Under the Influence vol 5
    Various - Best of Lumberjacks in Hell
    Patti Jo - Make Me Believe in You

*cries into bank statement*

Ground Elder likes this.
  24. Ground Elder

Lots of new stuff in the past month including these:

ddraig likes this.
  25. sim667

Haven't bought as much for the last few months, been spending money on other things.

Did pick up Mr Benn's - Shake a Leg

26. sim667

I shouldn't be buying records until I've got my dive kit all sorted and paid for my holiday, but I couldn't resist this

http://pmusic.co/3KZb6e

toblerone3 and Ground Elder like this.
  27. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Gonna get this on vinyl if available. This is the village bump-age. To teach a robot to dance.

28. S☼I

S☼I unhailed warden of a fled campestral

Just got Current Value's new album "Biocellulose". Was looking forward to hearing it on the bus home from work but Mrs SI gave me a lift so it'll be tomorrow.

29. Ground Elder

:confused: :hmm: :thumbs:
    incar_crop.jpg

30. Ground Elder

Had a day of trawling Amsterdam record shops, which were all refreshingly well organised :D Didn't buy much, but very enjoyable anyway.

"Have you got any soul singles?" "We have no soul, we have no reggae, we have no funk, we have no punk, we have no dance. We have no modern music." Had a look anyway, to find shelves full of soul, reggae, punk and other modern music :rolleyes: :confused: :D

Some that we did get

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fez909 likes this.