New records - what have you just bagged?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fez909, Oct 6, 2014.

1. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

I finally got a vinyl copy of my 2nd favourite Neil Young album, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

For £3!!!!

2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I've waited so long for this. Saw NtR in January in that there London and this was the stand out tune in a set of absolute bangers...I had to have it. Messaged him the next day on FB after figuring it out, and correctly guessing it was one of his own edits.

No, it wasn't out. "Later in the year".

Saw him in Leeds a month or so ago, "Oi, Nick. When's Gimme More coming out? It's been ages"
    "Soon"

:rolleyes:

Finally saw it appear in the pre-order lists last week so grabbed three copies (not for sharking, two mates wanted it too).

Came today...and fuck it was worth the wait.

Nick The Record , Dan* And The No Commercial Value Band - Ep 4

There's no video of his edit, but imagine this original stretched out to 6 or so mins, with a few generic dubby bits (actually not a fan of those, but needs to do something different to stretch it out I suppose).

The original is not only expensive, but it's actually rare. In the true sense - not even on Discogs at the time of writing! And it's only 3 mins long. So this is a very welcome treat :cool:

3. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Picked up this nice slice of Detroit techno not from Detroit, the other day:

And finally got my copy of this I ordered yonks ago:

Saâda Bonaire - Saâda Bonaire

Sadly left it in Leeds, so haven't had a chance to listen properly yet :mad:

4. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  5. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Good finds at Vinylhead in Ramsgate, including a near mint copy of The Wailers' Catch A Fire, first press in zippo sleeve.

Been after this for over 30 years ❤️❤️

[​IMG]

Fez909, Wookey, Nanker Phelge and 3 others like this.
  6. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

That's very nice :cool:

Today I've been spending money I shouldn't on

and have been generally delighted by an Australian copy of this, which arrived the other day, all the way from Sydney

My wife finally got her bargain of the year. She first failed to get a copy in Barcelona (a wild goose after an elusive Spanish dj :hmm:). Then a much anticipated package arrived from America. Writing 'keep away from heat sources' on the packaging was obviously seen as a challenge :(
    31946291_1840104879344387_1707174600225325056_n.jpg
    Then in some sort of boogaloo karma came into play and a coverless copy turned up for just five dollars. Looks like crap, but plays loud and clear and. of course, we've already got the sleeve :thumbs:

Fez909, ska invita and ringo like this.
  7. Ground Elder

That's annoying. Caught for customs charges on a twenty quid record. Buying from America is becoming too expensive :(
    WIN_20181018_01_00_44.jpg

ska invita likes this.
  8. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

more women is my fav tune by them.

Fez909 likes this.
  9. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

That's a massive percentage. I don't seem to get caught with customs charges very often. Seems random, the occasional record, but I guess there's a reason you get collared sometimes. I bought a couple of mid 20th century ashtrays earlier this year - heavy and a little pricey, no charges on them at all.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  10. Ground Elder

They pull random parcels. Some US sellers are prepared to mark the package as a low value gift, but this one wasn't, which is fair enough. I think there maybe an additional post office handling charge to pay as well.

ringo likes this.
  11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

3 today!
    Rudeboy
    High Contrast
    Inner Visions
    Records19Nov18.jpg

12. Ground Elder

Six 7s and a 12 from discogs and ebay, this week - with Max Infinity getting the most spins on the kitchen deck

Fez909, ska invita and ddraig like this.
  13. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Just got Nicolette - School of the World. From the further reaches of the Shut Up and Dance back-catalogue.

14. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

and this one in the same bag. Not collectors items or anything. Main cost was postage.

15. Ground Elder

We went into a slight record buying frenzy last week :facepalm::D

Soul Scratch - Pacified - been working my through Colemine Records back catalogue. This was on the doormat when I got in this afternoon.
    Linda Clifford - Runaway Love (Edit) - already have the 6 minute version on a 7", but it's too quiet to play out.
    Dyke and the Blazers - Runaway People - for pennies off ebay
    Bobby Bennett - Before I Blow My Stack - 60s R&B stormer from Philadelphia
    Dramatics - Get Up, Get Down
    Robert John - Raindrops, Love and Sunshine - can't help but smile whenever I listen to this
    DJ Genesis - Tribute To Betty "Tonight" - been meaning to buy this for years
    Lee Rogers - Go Go Girl - cheap, so why not?
    John Roberts - I'll Forget You - We'd agreed no more records buying for a bit, but then my wife announced she'd spent £38 on this, but that it was OK because it was a bargain. Which it sort of is - getting a lot of plays at northern soul nights at the moment and the price is going up rapidly - first she'd seen for under £80 - we can sell it on in a few months (we won't) and so on ;)

ska invita and ddraig like this.
  16. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

17. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Rudies all round LP FINALLY arrived
    Dark Crystl by DJ Crystl
    Idles/Heavy Lungs 7"
    Grevous Angel 7"

Attached Files:

18. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

not just me not posting here then!
    missed a fair few but got these recently
    newrecords13Mar19.jpg

Ground Elder likes this.
  19. Ground Elder

Last eight I've bought

Jerry Washington - In My Life I've Loved - Excello 7"
    Maria Dallas ‎– Ambush - even with the postage, it was cheaper to buy from it's native New Zealand
    Spanky Wilson – Kissing My Love
    Bobby Bland ‎– Lover With A Reputation - so many great Bobby Bland tunes and most are at pocket money prices
    Kings Go Forth ‎– The Outsiders Are Back LP - don't know how I missed this when it came out
    C.J. Smith, Cold Diamond & Mink - This Is What Love Looks Like! - New release
    Clyde McPhatter - I'll Love You Til The Cows Come Home - as yet unpresented birthday present for the wife, who I note is currently bidding for one on ebay :rolleyes: :facepalm:
    Barry White - Your Sweetness Is My Weakness 50p charity shop brilliance

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:00 AM
    ska invita, ddraig and two sheds like this.
  20. two sheds

two sheds Least noticed poster 2007

Outbid her, quick ::eek:

and wave to her for me :)

21. Ground Elder

Just had a look and I think someone else got it - it finished tonight while she was at the flicks - it will annoy her as it went for a low price :D We should catch up sometime two sheds :thumbs:

ska invita and two sheds like this.
  22. Ground Elder

Just remembered these two

This from Japan. I do like buying records from Japan as it - often cheaper than buying from Europe, always properly described, well packaged and surprisingly quick to arrive.

And this reissue LP from Harvey Averne

Fez909 and ska invita like this.
  23. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

lovely,,,any chance of a recorded mix sometime GE?

24. Ground Elder

There are some from the Mrs here :thumbs:

ska invita likes this.
  25. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

26. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Found some house whilst crate digging in Help the Aged...

27. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

also these recently
    PSB - Every Valley - great record!
    HMHB No Regrets

souljacker likes this.
  28. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jah bless