new house music - what's good?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by killer b, Apr 4, 2010.

1. chico enrico

chico enrico No hair shows you care.

uggghhhh... 'techno 'n' trance' :(

Always loads of good stuff coming out of chicago. Almost impossible to keep up with in fact.

Marcus Mixx has been doing the odd bit lately as well - IMO theee most underrated house producer ever.

this isn't bad, from last year i think: http://clone.nl/item10923.html

and 'go man go' on THIS is phenomenal: http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/view/58323

and a load of his old material is being released on this label too:
    http://clone.nl/search/marcus mixx

Marcus Mixx be Da Man

DJ Urban and DJ HOuz'Mon are always worth checking out too. And both great guys.

2. Flavour

Flavour hang the bankers

some old moodymann for starters

didnt know cottam was a mate of yours! thats cool kb! he's good.

my fave at the mo is Levon Vincent

Kassem Mosse

Lowtec

MCDE

Seldom Felt

i dont rate it that highly but derrick may felt this track warranted a Transmat revival:

Wbeeza

frozen border

WAX (shed) - (big winner with everyone generally)

3. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

4. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

good stuff - downloading now. it will accompany my washing up oddessey this eve...

5. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

love Seldom felt and levon Vincent, will deffo check out the rest of you r links .

Joy Orbison / L Vis / Mosca / 2562 / Brackles / martyn / Zomby etc etc have really suckered me into the 'post dubstep' thing now - 23 yr olds from Croydon mxing detroit with rave and sounding a lot like the future imo...+ Floating Points while we're there ....

6. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Turnips - big! Swedes - small!

Put a donk on it...

7. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

yes, i've got an omar mix from a few years back who i think is the same dude, amazing music.

8. Flavour

Flavour hang the bankers

oh for sure, there's tons of interesting demi-House in London... Deep Teknologi immediately spring to mind. Roska, DVA, D Malice... floating points, 2562, martyn are great too, but im not convinced about Joy Orbison or zomby tho

9. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

i like Fake Bllod:

10. al

al window licker

Fake blood is awesome

is pretty good as well..

11. braindancer

braindancer not for long

It is surely impossible not to like his latest though???

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

If I heard this in a club I'd be gutted cos I'd get all excited thinkin 'WA-HEY!!! DOMINATOR!!! FUCKEN A!!!' and then it'd all go shit.

altho I confess I do quite like electro-house and that Bodyrock tune

No real tips on tunage tho, soz.

13. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I like deadmau5 - but that's probably not "alternative" enough for the majority of metrosexuals that post here.

[​IMG]

14. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

Some good stuff here, but then again a lot of it sounds like rejected tracks from Warp's 'Artificial Intelligence' series.

15. Spandex

Spandex Well-Known Member

I *heart* Mungolian Jet Set :)

Also, I've been liking DFA's recent house sound:

Pianos!

16. mitochondria

mitochondria full-on emptiness

I like Zomby and Joy a lot but it is not house imo.

17. Kingdom

Kingdom Music For Hairports

Best to keep an eye on boomkat for house i think, they don't stock just any old crap. The new FXHE 2X12" is sounding pretty tasty.

18. mitochondria

someone said pianos?

19. purplex

purplex New Member

20. purplex

purplex New Member

Vitalic's Flashmob from last December is an album I really enjoy, may be too electro/trancey/techno (delete as appropriate) for you killer b ;) but I'd recommend giving a couple of listens through

21. purplex

purplex New Member

edited

22. chico enrico

chico enrico No hair shows you care.

that 'still going' track would have been sooooooooooo good if Larry Heard had done it. as it stands it's not bad. not too keen on the other DFA tracks tho. Just something about them that rubs me up the wrong way. sorry

23. killer b

I've got 'flashmob', and found it a little disapointing tbh. Also, it's not house.

Essentially, I want music which was created by gay black men in chicago or new york (or sounds like it was).

24. purplex

purplex New Member

ah ok, I see where you are coming from now, but I disagree, its all house music, from electro to acid to trance to techno to to jungle to dubstep, all house to me.

I long for the days of 92 where it all converged into rave, its due
    again, and I certainly do see little scenes merging together (jungle, breaks, dubstep), (dubstep, minimal, techno, tech-house, house)

you are a bloody contrary one you are, northens, pah, you exhaust me ;)

as for gay black men making music, Im not sure, but house and techno music seems to have been driven from germany, by white boys, straight white boys. Gay people make better ass shaking music IMO.

25. killer b

while i admire your homogenous approach to dance music, it doesn't really help when asked for something fairly specific does it...? i think i've been pretty clear what i was after from the opening post.

thanks anyway, mind. :)

26. mitochondria

For me house is in the bassline. It has greater range than other 4x4s :)

(made by white man in Germany) is a techno track even though there are vocals singing of house nation, pianos etc. All 4x4 genres stem from house but not necessarily are house anymore.

Vitalic and house? Gimme a break ;D If you thought Vitalic after listening to OP's sample then I question your electronic palate :)

27. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Michelle Shaprow is good. If it is House.

28. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

filtered french disco-feel with an echoed voice and a generally boring, slightly funky, loop. tbh.

things like this were round 10 years ago, this adds very little to the suitcase.

29. killer b

that's nice. love roland clark's vocals. :)

30. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

You know what.