Nevada Bundy ranch - Stand off

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Barking_Mad, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Funny how Black Lives (suddenly) Matter now that its up 'em.

2. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Wow. Yup.

3. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Nah, I read that as twisted resentment that as Black kid got all that attention... By now there'll be grumbling that White Boy there hasn't...

4. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

Tragic for whom? The terrorists?
    This gang of heavily armed thugs was allowed to take over that building, threaten to kill & die & allowed to come & go as they pleased for almost a month. They have been treated with disgusting privilege......that would not be afforded to say a group of armed Muslims or blacks for example. But because they are white & right wing.....no big deal.

5. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

If they had stayed on the ranch doing nothing then perhaps that'd have worked. But they ripped up fences, rifled through government documents and went through protected land (there's a key word there) as well as going on jollies in federal cars.

I'm just amazed that only one of the fuckers is dead.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  6. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

The FBI has released footage from a helicopter which it calls the ‘Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016’

It does feature the fatal shooting of Robert LaVoy Finicum so, y'know, viewer discretion etc.

7. Yuwipi Woman

Oh, don't pin that on me! Seriously, Tom? If it were any other group I wouldn't want law enforcement to go in blazing either. You've got locals around who might get in the way. And then, there's the fact that some of these idiots brought their kids along too. You really want to kill kids?

8. Yuwipi Woman

I'm amazed too. This is a good example of what law enforcement could do in similar situations elsewhere (if they really wanted to). The feds know who all these guys are. I'm sure they've photographed and ID'ed every one of them. There's no reason they can't arrest them when the situation has been diffused.

frogwoman and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  9. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

The building was in the middle of nowhere and nobody else was a t risk the milita didnt fire any shots so the police had time and space to think about how to handle them.
    If their had been hostages or the building had been in town a completely diffrent result would have occured

frogwoman and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  10. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I'd almost forgotten there were some holdouts still there, the FBI surrounded the place and after some calls to friendly politicians and preachers, the holdouts decided they would prefer to leave alive.

Next time, bring a dictionary.

Enviro, likesfish and fishfinger like this.
  11. likesfish

the feds have learned from Waco give the idiots time and they self destruct the dead man would have lived if he hadn't repeatedly attempted to draw his weapon:facepalm:.
    collection of idiots who will be forgotten

12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Could get interesting this morning - Cliven Bundy flew in from Nevada, only to get arrested immediately, and a Nevada lawmaker who's been supporting the occupiers has agreed to be present at the surrender, which seems to have the potential to end as badly as another US lawmaker's fact-finding trip to Jonestown.

frogwoman likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fuck 'em.

14. DaveCinzano

Let's not be coy - it's the gun nut family Christmas card one

[​IMG]

15. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Just the person to call to calm down a tense standoff between armed groups. One of those stupid guns is probably called "The Negotiator."

frogwoman, likesfish and editor like this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's hard to imagine living in such fear of your neighbours/government/aliens that you have to tool up with such a ludicrous amount of weaponry.

17. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

you just think 'weird, but they look happy enough...HOLD ON THE KIDS PACKING HEAT?! SOCIAL SERVICES'

frogwoman likes this.
  18. DaveCinzano

The meaty looking one held by her mum is an Extar EXP-556, which is quaintly described as a “Lightweight Pistol” :hmm:

The manufacturer's website also notes:

frogwoman and likesfish like this.
  19. DaveCinzano

BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS

[​IMG]

frogwoman likes this.
  20. DaveCinzano

Pitching for a Nobel Prize

[​IMG]

frogwoman likes this.
  21. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Can we have National Self-Awareness Month at some point?

22. DaveCinzano

If Fiore and Roosh V met, would the universe collapse in on itself?

GOP lawmaker Michele Fiore defends Confederate flag as history

frogwoman likes this.
  23. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

They do all need guns though. With ten of them there's a fair chance of one being psychotic so they all need to be armed in case that one opens fire on the rest.

24. Dowie

Dowie Well-Known Member

25. likesfish

That ridicoulus "pistol" the grandma is packing is a cut down civvy version of an m16 they also come in ak flavour because if your rifle or shotgun has a barrel under 16 inches its a class 3 weapon which means its restricted to the sort of rules you'd have to pass to get a firearm in the uk.
    Hence fucking stupid "pistols" put a stock on it without permission go to jail.

26. Yuwipi Woman

And the standoff ends with a whine:

Oregon standoff is OVER after last occupiers surrender to the FBI

If I'd have know all it took was being coaxed out with a cookie, I'd have mailed them some snacks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  27. Yuwipi Woman

This was the last holdout:

[​IMG]

If that's an example, no wonder they think white men are doomed. I wouldn't credit him with the ability to tie his own shoes.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    likesfish, frogwoman and campanula like this.
  28. Yuwipi Woman

Is it too late to shoot them all?:mad:

Oregon militia members left a “trench of human feces” in Native American burial grounds: FBI

I knew there might be damage there, but this is beyond the pale. I would call that a hate crime, but I know it won't be prosecuted that way. I hope they go to prison for a long, long time.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    muscovyduck, teqniq and frogwoman like this.
  29. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

That's pretty fucked up. Do we know if it's hate crime stuff though or ignorance?

30. Yuwipi Woman

I'm tempted to wonder if there's a difference. Hate and stupidity usually go together. But, I'll answer the question as you meant it. They had been informed about the artifacts and their importance. They had also been asked not to disturb any of it. They've literally said "shit on you." So, hate crime.