Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Jon-of-arc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

Midnight Special - kind of indie sci-fi road movie, kid on the run. Really good and doesn't overdo it with sentiment like a Spielberg effort.

magneze likes this.
  2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

3. cheesethief

cheesethief Well-Known Member

4. emanymton

emanymton A cat politely sat on the flaming gardener.

Except it doesn't unlock any additional content, it just makes it easier to find stuff the crap Netflix interface tends to filter out.

girasol and Badgers like this.
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Cheers, that was my assumption too. Generally I search for stuff so makes no difference.

6. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

So true :D

"We all know trying to choose what to watch on Netflix is one of the most difficult challenges for human beings these days.

You'll scroll, watch trailers, add stuff to 'My List' and keep browsing until it's actually too late to watch something, it happens EVERY damn time."

It's very cool to be able to look into super specific categories, these aren't offered on the genre/drop down menu, so yeah, it's useful... i.e. I give you Latin American Films!

Netflix

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 8:25 AM
    Badgers likes this.
  7. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

What's also needed is a browser plugin that would screen out anything that gets below, say, 70% on rottentomatoes.

Badgers likes this.
  8. emanymton

emanymton A cat politely sat on the flaming gardener.

There are websites with full listings which I find quite useful .

Badgers likes this.
  9. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Finished Safe - in which Dexter is British, his daughter goes missing, and a whole bunch of other shenanigans take place in a sleepy gated community with a dark past and a less than savoury present....

....it's pure Hokum on a similar level to Marcella....passes time nicely....cast help to make it work

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 4:12 PM
    Badgers and DaveCinzano like this.
  10. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

And while I've got all the time in the world for Michael C Hall...that is a shocking accent.

11. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Loads of posh wankers talk like that...

Sea Star likes this.
  12. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Saw ep1 of Deep State last night - seemed pretty good will be continuing. Looks like it might be a good replacement to Homeland.

13. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Doomsday Preppers! Ideal with a hangover, ridiculous and brainless, watched about 3 episodes last night

14. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie You fooled all the people with magic

S2 of 13 Reasons Why is available now :cool:

15. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Just getting towards the end of this having watched it over the last couple of weeks. Some of the story is undeniably funny although I'm not sure that was the intention of the series makers. It's amazing how often professionally successful affluent people get taken in by this stuff. I get the feeling that 'Sheila', the power behind the throne, knew that it was nonsense all along and was partly doing it for a laugh. Also funny to see a couple of clips of orange-clad people of this Oregon-based cult talking to the camera... with English and Scottish accents. An English chap's Mum joined the cult and took him with her - he (Tim Guest) later wrote the book 'My Life In Orange' about the experience.

Anyway, worth watching is my verdict but probably a bit too long at 6 hour+ episodes.

Badgers likes this.
  16. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I gotta say I am really enjoying 'Happy'.

I'm a big fan of Christopher Meloni, and he doesn't let me down here at all...

krtek a houby likes this.
  17. Sir Belchalot

Sir Belchalot arenicola marina

The Chalet is worth 5 hours of your time, a French series set in a remote Alpine village where peeps start meeting grisly ends. More light hearted than it's Nordic equivalent would be.