Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Jon-of-arc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I too am enjoying Mindhunter. Only 2 eps so far but I like the dialogue and I love the killer he's talking to. Great performance.

bimble likes this.
  2. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Second season of Trollhunters is available :)

3. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Just finished Manhunt about the search for the Unabomber. I really enjoyed it, even with the lead actor's dreadful american accent

trabuquera and Spymaster like this.
  4. Spymaster

Spymaster Trigger

Do not be tempted to watch Murder On The Cape. It's an absolute stinker with some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

5. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Started watching The Santa Clara Diet. It's about a suburban mum (Drew Barrymore) who suddenly becomes a zombie and her family try to make it work.

The only thing that's slightly jarring about it is how Drew Barrymore vaguely resembles Louise Mensch these days.

6. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I enjoyed that. As a light comedy vehicle it’s perfectly good. I was hoping a second series would be made but I guess it was never commissioned.

7. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Watched the whole first series of Inside No 9 last night, thanks to Maggot 's mentioning the new series on FB. I hadn't heard of this at all previously and am seriously made up to find the first two series on Netflix. Fucking brilliant story telling from Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Each episode an absolute joy to watch :cool::cool::cool:

8. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

The second episode which is almost silent is a work of genius. But wait until you've seen the 12 Days Of Christine to see a real work of genius.

purenarcotic, Ranu, Chz and 2 others like this.
  9. sojourner

Yeh the second one, Quiet Night In, reminded me in many ways of The Plank by Sykes. Was laughing me tits off at loads of it :D

And Sardines to start - oooo that were dark!

Badgers and krtek a houby like this.
  10. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

I had a similar plan but the bastard BBC pulled them off iPlayer before I got started.

Really enjoyed the first episode and have stuck them on my list.

I've also started to watch Derry Girls. The nun's are great, but not sure if I can last through the teenage humour for long.

sojourner likes this.
  11. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

DISGUSTING.

12. sojourner

:cool::cool::cool:

Watched the whole of the second series last night. Christine fucking amazing. Only got it right at the end. Just PERFECT.

Badgers and chandlerp like this.
  13. sojourner

We caught the first two Derry Girls episodes and thought they were much better than expected!

Mordi likes this.
  14. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

The Good Place...latest episode.

Look...I know it's manipulative...but it's fair comment at the same time. That was one of the best episodes.

"Yes....throats."

nuffsaid, Vintage Paw and T & P like this.
  15. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

‘Spastic dentistry’ :D

Badgers likes this.
  16. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

The entire museum.

Badgers likes this.
  17. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Watched first 4 episodes of Hard Sun last night. Great idea, some ropey acting.

End of the Fucking World was a treat, more like a long film than a series but 21 minute episodes work for me.

5 episodes into The Good Doctor and really enjoying it, a very easy watch.

3 episodes into The Marvellous Mrs Maisel which is probably my favourite at the moment.

Hated The Sinner, I can only suspend belief so much. The American legal system is not that quick.

Another laughable Narcos type thing was Profugos, just got more ridiculous as each episode went by.

E2A: Just realised the thread title :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Thimble Queen and T & P like this.
  18. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

S3 of Fargo now on Netflix and more Grace & Frankie.

Vintage Paw, Mr.Bishie and Maharani like this.
  19. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

Yup, started that. Enjoying it so far. Some great lines.

20. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Well, thanks to Maggot, sojourner and any others who mentioned Inside No. 9. Had never heard of it before today but we just watched the entire two series on Netflix, and have started season 4 on BBC iPlayer

Really good. Some episodes are darker than others (12 Days of Chrissie in particular was proper sad) but really fucking good overall.

Ep 1 of S4 on (the hotel one) is probably my favourite. Just brilliant :)

sojourner and Maggot like this.
  21. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

i am describing that show to people as father ted x the inbetweeners

22. sojourner

Hey Maggot - I'm still waiting for my daughter to send me S3 of Inside No 9 - but S4 is on iplayer now. I don't THINK there's any story arcs, so would I be okay to watch S4 before S3 you reckon?

23. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

sojourner likes this.
  24. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

They are all self-contained stories, so it will be fine.

sojourner likes this.
  25. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Thanks for the recommendation of Inside No. 9, loving it. I keep thinking of it as a British Black Mirror, which I know is stupid.

26. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Black Mirror IS British

27. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Yes. I know.

Orang Utan likes this.
  28. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Newest The Good Place episode was brilliant, the museum was really well done, but the audio-only raid on Mindy St Clair's house with Derek and his windchimes in the background made me cry with laughter :D

Vintage Paw, Mogden, T & P and 2 others like this.
  29. sojourner

Cheers Maggot and chandlerp :)

chandlerp likes this.
  30. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Godless. Best series I've seen in years and final episode the best episode of any series I've ever seen

bimble, krtek a houby and tommers like this.