1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Jon-of-arc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

I thought "Well, it looks like my partner is going to insert the telly up me if I don't turn it off. I'll watch it when I'm hungover or something."
    Ain't gonna.

2. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Aye but I found it really dull. Sorry :(

3. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Yes but, but ...

What he said^^^

BoxRoom likes this.
  4. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Not kidding, my partner had a look that said: So THIS is how you test my love!?

5. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I just couldn't understand what the point of it was.

BoxRoom likes this.
  6. chilango

chilango By the many, not the few.

Ah well. I liked it.

I enjoyed the made-up Yugoslav space program. I enjoyed the faked footage. I especially enjoyed the far too seamless transition from archival to contemporary footage. I enjoyed the wheelchair. I enjoyed Tito watching telly. But, perhaps it is kinda niche? :D

Spymaster and BoxRoom like this.
  7. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

Put it this way. I didn't even check the IMDB for this because Chilango suggested its better taken at face value and despite the zizeck warning/allusions to the nature of belief in history (and his purple socks) etc I wanted to believe. Its well done in that regard, the bit about Yugo cars is inspired.

chilango likes this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

PD should be well behind such authoritative historical investigations as this

9. BassJunkie

BassJunkie devotees straight on

We're currently halfway through the second series of Master Of None. It's been hilarious, stimulating and original with likeable characters. I'd recommend that.

10. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

We're half way through Ozark. It's pretty good.

11. Idris2002

Idris2002 this prim barbarism

This was meant to go in the DVD thread!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:53 AM
  12. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

Icarus is a good watch - a documentary about the state sponsored doping in Russian sport.

It's particularly poignant with the athletics going on atm.

Casual Observer likes this.