1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Jon-of-arc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Just seen the trailer.

I am filled with rage.

chandlerp likes this.
  2. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Badlands Texas.

Slow burning true crime series about a murder in tiny desert community..

Real oddball folks living hundreds of miles from anything, and torn by a tragic event...

It's v v slow...but v good

3. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

Just started watching this and I love it. The bi polar mother is brilliantly played and the two main male characters also. It is sort of mundane - but wonderful for it. Many of the themes and topics could be such cliches but rise above it. Is it ok to draw prison tats on a baby with eye pencil>? First couple of episodes are a bit umm but once you get the patterns of it and the characters start to flesh out its a cracker.

4. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Im just binge watching this, much better than I thought it was gong to be. Please dont tell me what happens in the end, I'm trying to maintain the suspense!lol

pengaleng likes this.
  5. oneflewover

oneflewover Following "The Tigers"

My goodness, they have some scenery and dark skies. 80miles for the Doctor, 200miles for a Mall, the Sheriff has 6198 sq miles.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  6. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Bonkers innit

oneflewover likes this.
  7. JasonFelcham

JasonFelcham Banned Banned

here's a recomendation. go for a jog you obese cunt. then when you have lost enough weight to not break the rope, hang yourself

8. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

^ blimey... ANYWAY! Half way through Girlboss Girlboss (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb and it's kinda charming. Being set in San Francisco really helps and there's a lot of the city in it. Here's a synopsis: "Sophia, an anarchist misfit, discovers a passion for fashion, becoming an unlikely businesswoman in the process. As her business grows, however, she has to learn to cope with life as her own boss."

I like the main character, she's very confident and also very unsure of herself, full of life and full of doubts. Sometimes annoying, sometimes fragile.

Based on a bestseller about some real stuff that happened

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 2:23 PM
  9. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' pengaleng PhD. another handsome boy graduate.

fashion is one of the most capitalist industries :cool:

10. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' pengaleng PhD. another handsome boy graduate.

I know it's well good init :cool: the ending is what it's about :cool:

11. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

12. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Discovered it today and already watched most of the first series. Pretty enjoyable.