Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Jon-of-arc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Indeed, Parks&Rec has been getting better and better. I'm midway through season 5 now, trying to slow down since the most recent season isn't on there yet.

I also watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood recently. Wow. Fucking brilliant stuff. The last few episodes are missing unfortunately, but they are available to download elsewhere.

Currently watching Twin Peaks, Supernatural, Buffy and Leverage. (I have mediahint installed so I watch US Netflix most of the time)

2. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

Agree on parks and recreation. Always sunny in Philadelphia
    Is brilliant if you like dark humour. Charlie Kelly is a magnificent character
    ...took me a while to get it but have watched all episodes several times. Wilfred is good if you like speaking rude dog things. The imaginarium of dr Patnasas is fantastic. Upside down is good visually. I have a soft spot for californication as we'llwe'll

girasol likes this.
  3. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

My kids want to know when films currently on at the cinema are going to appear on Netflix. They're not interested in a long description of the legal complications of production company licensing agreements, so I've found this site showing the dates they're adding stuff, as well as the most popular stuff:

http://www.movieinsider.com/netflix/-/2014/

Any more like this or better?

4. ringo

5. ringo

6. Awesome Wells

Awesome Wells charged vacuum emboitment Banned

What's netflix like for martial arts/wuxia?

7. _pH_

_pH_ .

Watched The Raid on there a couple of weeks back, that's a bit brutal!

8. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Lost Girl is somewhere between dreadful and brilliant. I was a bit baffled by it at first bit have now watched three series. kittyP you might like it

kittyP likes this.
  9. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

I've been watching Lie to me recently, the first series is alright, it gets a lot better about halfway through the second series though. Watched a documentary about micro expressions and was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the science in Lie to me actually stands up. Made it a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Other than that, Firefly is fantastic, I've watched the first ep of house of cards and will probably continue with it when I have time.

Mab and kittyP like this.
  10. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Ha :D
    I did start watching it with Badgers. He really didn't like it but I thought as you, it was awful but quite watchable.
    I completely forgot about it.
    Will have a look again later :)

11. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Gurren lagan is back on Netflix UK. Finally some decent Anime to watch on it.

12. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

When I looked last all the anime on netfilx was dubbed.

Ruined.

13. Grandma Death

Grandma Death Reconfiguring & Reconstructing

Can someone point me in the right direction for accessing the US version of netflix please?

14. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

if its just through a browser it should be as simple as paying for a VPN service or something like mediahint

15. also just watched Safety Not Guaranteed on US Netflix, strange film about time travel but not really, ticks all the indie cliche boxes but enjoyable waste of a wet Sunday afternoon

Scaggs likes this.
  16. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

https://hola.org/

17. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

I liked that so much I gave copies of it to my kids at Xmas. Really liked his false ear.the young woman in it is the intern in parks and recs.

Spanky Longhorn likes this.
  18. mwgdrwg

Gurran Lagan has both English and Japanese languages! :thumbs:

eta: not much else on there at the moment though, but it's a start!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  19. bmd

bmd you left me standing here

girasol likes this.
  20. mwgdrwg

Kill la Kill is on Netflix UK! In Japanese too. An amazing anime series from last year.

21. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Has anyone mentioned suits? Surprisingly entertaining.

22. cypher79

cypher79 Banned Banned

I've been watching Bojack Horseman. Its not very funny tbh.

23. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I like it. V v sarcastic

girasol likes this.
  24. zenie

zenie >^^<

Dislocated ankle so watched first season of The Killing today. Thought it was really good! :)

Thimble Queen and Badgers like this.
  25. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

I tried it. Didn't like it.

26. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

Finished it yesterday, really enjoyed it. It's not funny hahaha but it's well observed, like a good Hollywood satire should be. And it can be quite dark too.

Once I'm done with Battlestar Galactica (which is superb!) I want to take a break from TV, have hardly done any reading since we got Netflix :mad:

Damages was pretty decent, that was one discovered through browsing, I just randomly watched one episode and ended up watching the whole thing. It got a bit repetitive, so could have been one series shorter.

27. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

We've just started watching this, great stuff!

28. cypher79

cypher79 Banned Banned

Just seen theres a new series of Trailer Park Boys, gonna have a butchers at that.

Badgers likes this.
  29. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

I was recommended this the other day. Been re-watching The Shield recently (also recommended), so might have a break and try this for a while.

Pickman's model likes this.