1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A New Frying Pan

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Spymaster, Feb 22, 2012.

1. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

I've a big old cast iron frying pan. Got it from my grandmother. It's well seasoned. Very good for steaks or chicken breasts or chops...good for frying sausages and bacon providing the bacon is not wafer thin. But it is absolutely the worst for frying eggs.
    I use a stainless steel pan for frying eggs and omelettes.

The cast iron pan is very heavy and really holds the heat... when I'm finished with it I just let it cool down and give it a good wipe of kitchen paper and a wipe with some oiled paper and it's ready for use again.
    Badgers likes this.
  2. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

I bought my sister one years ago. She says she uses it but I've never seen her use it.
    Badgers likes this.
  3. antimata

antimata neck chops

another big fan of cast iron pans...heavy is good.

aluminum nonstick can suck it, toxic junk...well the shite available here is anyway...

i cook on gas...
  4. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Badgers likes this.
  5. High Voltage

High Voltage Laying in the gutter, looking at the kerb.

Hmmm! not for one moment doubting your experience with your Greenpan but mine is anything but brilliant - I've had an old non-stick stainless steel Meyer for coming up to 20 years now and this is so much better than my brand new treated like a baby Greenpan fry pan. Like you've we've got an induction hob but I rue the day I ever got my Greenpan - almost to the extent that I've more than once considered throwing it away, not even charity shopping it
  6. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention ones with a lid as it's something I've just put on my shopping list. Although, I'm sure I could just find a lid off eBay!