Nations League: Wales vs Republic of Ireland

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Sep 6, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3-0! Woohoo! Come on Wales!

3. spitfire

spitfire Toast

bugger :facepalm:

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Play up ireland

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

6. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

fucking hell

7. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I dont suppose I will ever leave a Wales game having seen them score 4 and be disappointed ever again!

8. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

Wals can do this on occasion - i have them them in full flow vs Scotland over the past decade and whrn they are up for it, its fucking horrendous- and the scoreline tonight is not massivey outrageous- Ireland were terrible - i think MoN will be offski soon

9. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

It was my daughter's first Wales match. How do I explain it won't normally be like that :facepalm::D

10. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Gwych!

editor likes this.
  11. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

3.5 hours trip in the car.
    Spent all of 45 mins catching up with people before match.
    5 mins after match.
    Back car for another 3.5 hours trip.

Totally worth it. DFFFD0EB-9FEE-47DA-8DBF-1E633503CF78.jpeg
    6DE0CB70-45C5-4B00-A3D5-EA69432448F7.jpeg

bromley, mwgdrwg and editor like this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fucking fantastic result. A proper thumping! :D

13. PippinTook

PippinTook A flower does not ask to bloom, it just does.

Sadly....they are a bit rubbish.

14. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

15. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam. Enforced Holiday Banned

Fan-fucking-tastic display! :D

16. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

I watched a fair bit of this last night. Men against boys really, Wales had options all over the pitch and Ireland looked like what they were a bunch of championship and lower league players.

Its amazing how much the tables have turned. In the 90's it was Ireland who could call on top level players now they're feeding off scraps.

Given the byzantine complexity of qualifying for Euro 20/20 its hard to work out whether it'll be easy for Wales but they're clearly good enough.

17. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the young Chelsea reserve centre half Ampadu do so well in midfield.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Threshers_Flail and spitfire like this.
  19. spitfire

spitfire Toast

Pickman's model likes this.
  20. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

What do we think of the Nations League then? I only got to properly look it up a couple of days ago, and on reflexion I actually think is a clever move. If one must have international friendlies or similar warm up matches for whatever reason, making a competition out of them makes them infinitely more interesting.

21. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

I actually went to this game, thought wales played some good stuff.
    Stayed in a cracking hotel near the stadium.
    Was telling a few people today about it, they were asking why did you go to that game ?
    it was mainly because i wanted to see one of the greatest if not thee greatest players British/world live, Gareth Bale
    i realized i had not seen him play in the flesh so to speak and may not get another chance.
    who knows if he might come back to the uk to play or stay in spain, he might maybe move to italy or possibly Germany/france .
    what a wand of a left foot he has as well, his goal when he took it on his chest and moved on to his left foot was fantastic and then drilled it like a missile into the net, class.
    Most players who would try that it would have gone off their chest and run away about a yard in front of them or played on to a defender to clean up.
    He also has to have one of the best first touches ive ever seen, the amount of times he got the ball and never give it away in this game were numerous,
    i have been to the stadium once before for a Fa cup final when they played a few of them there when wembley was being rebuilt.
    Tbh i prefer this stadium to Wembley and the surrounding area, love the bars and the way they are set out and a little cheaper than London ha
    I think it was THAT goal as well in the EC final v Liverpool that made me think i must see this great player now at his peak.
    i looked some info up on him and was a little surprised to see he was 29, not old of course but in football terms its a different matter.
    I think he could be one of these players who could play to a ripe old age if he wanted, has he lets the ball do the work and with his bullet like passing and the way he can hit a ball i think he could play further down the field as a sweeper or such like spraying the ball about letting other players do his running
    He will not have to do it for the money thats for sure, maybe for the love of it.
    He seems the type that might do that.
    Could even play for the club near where he was born for a swansong , not sure if this would be Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham etc

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Eggby, ddraig, sealion and 1 other person like this.
  22. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Everyone does, its on a different level to that shithole Wemberley

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And let's make that a win home and away.

Cymru am byth!