1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National League 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 13, 2016.

1. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

Tranmere away at Wrexham?

[​IMG]

:eek:

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Read on another forum Tranmere have missed seven pens this season, is that right? Mind we've only been awarded about two, clearly being reffed out of it.

3. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Norwood, Cook & Hughes have missed two each. Not sure about the other one.

4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

I read that too.

Are you lurking on our forum?:hmm:

5. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I only go there to read the mockery aimed at us :D

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  6. belboid

Top of the League!

7. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Haha, dicked by a perfectly competent North Ferriby. Not sure we registered a shot on target despite 90 percent of possession. If we do limp into the play-offs this is hardly killer form.

8. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

He says it every year the silly bugger. Play-offs not a given the way we're going. Ought to have enough for a chance to bottle it at Wembley again though.

10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Another win dug out against a tricky team. Tranmere look to have the form but we have that 3 point advantage and better goal difference. Going to be very close.

11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

If we get anything at Prenton Park Tuesday next you should sail over the line. We've bottled all the other big away games though.

12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Maybe - I'm not going to be that confident until it's done though! Looking at the remaining games Tranmere still have you and Aldershot I think that look like particularly tricky games. We don't have any of the top teams still to play which should help, although we've done well in those games anyway.

13. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Tranmere two up,pegged back then a 93rd minute winner. Might be their year. York's Great Escape on hold though.

14. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Sadly predictable. We beat Lincoln and then lose at home when we were on bit of a winning streak. Seen them do too many things like this.

15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Sure it's all setting up so you have to beat us final day and Parkin does the honours. And I won't begrudge him.

oryx likes this.
  16. belboid

If we both repeat our runs from the last 8/9 games (yeah, right), we'll win it by a point.

17. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Cruising along and then we allowed Sutton to come back at us and score 2 goals because some of our players just can't seem to understand that there are times when you can pass the ball and times when you just need to get rid. The third goal in stoppage time was a relief but god we make it hard on ourselves.

18. belboid

Fuck me, where did that come from?

(and we missed another penalty)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Just edged that one then! You'll be worried for Tuesday after we THUMPED Guiseley 1-0 with a makeshift eleven knocking it long.

20. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Can't believe it. The one weekend I can't go and they score 9 and miss a penalty. Definitely going on Tuesday night.

21. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Delighted we are out of the drop zone - just hoping it stays that way <bites fingernails>

22. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Great time to visit Prenton Park as you failed to hit double figures against a Solihull side clearly doing it for a laugh ;)

23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

In your own hands now too isn't it? Expect you to do it.

oryx likes this.
  24. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Blimey quite a result for Tranmere. Brought GD back into play in one game, and it could well be that close. Another important 3 points away for us though. Tranmere with some tough games coming up now.

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Although obviously after years of supprting Lincoln I still kind of expect us to lose to Chester at home.

26. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

They do seem to be in a tailspin since Christmas. Not sure we'll do you any favours tomorrow night, Cooper still seems to be casting around for his best eleven which is ridiculous at this point despite a couple of injuries forcing his hand.

27. Monkeygrinder's Organ

We love you.

28. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Typical Tranmere display with over 70% of the possession and play and then we lose track of where the opposition are and let them score.

29. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Absolutely battered us as well for about the first hour at least. Thought you were just going to carry on where you left off Saturday. Woolery coming on gave us pace as you started to tire and your back line is great but not the quickest so he got a bit of joy and then the goal. Robbery really.

30. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Phew! Great turnaround. In touching distance now.