1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National League 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

"What do you mean you don't like pies?"

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Dumped out of the Trophy at Macc. Loads of the ball but not doing enough with it really. They went ahead early bit spawnily with a big deflection but the despite conceding possession still made as many and better chances than us so can't complain.

3. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Made heavy weather of the match against Chelmsford and could so easily have lost it but managed to get a draw which keeps us in the competition until the replay on Wednesday night. Norwood seems to have gone off the boil in the last half dozen matches and when things don't go right you can see the players yelling at each other which doesn't inspire you with confidence for a positive outcome.

4. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Well, we made good today. Norwood still sounds meh, but Kirby seems to have found form.

5. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

That was satisfying. For eighty minutes seemed like Macc last week, lots of the ball but doing not much with it, and opposition lively on the break. Then Omar Bugiel who we signed yesterday (thought they meant Bogle at first!) came on. First contribution pretty good, second set up Doidge and third was a goal making it first to a spilled ball.

6. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

It's that wonderful time of the year when we trek up to Gateshead to squint at a game across the running track. Feeling quite hopeful but they're no mugs and in decent form. Eastleigh might do us a favour home to Tranmere though Allen doesn't seem to have got them going, Guiseley getting something off of Daggers would seem even less likely but they've gone well recently too. In summary, it's a sporting contest and many things might happen Brian.

7. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Long trek down to Eastleigh but well worth it for the win with Tollitt scoring and laying on the pass for Norwood to finally break his hoodoo and score. The look on his face said it all and hopefully Norwood will now get back on track with scoring more goals.

8. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

We were all over the shop and Gateshead were sharp and tidy. Well beaten and I've only just got home. See my predictions for the other games were arse backwards too.

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

He'll be filling his boots against us a week Tuesday I suspect.

10. belboid

Ouch! Sutton have had their keeper sent off. And, of course, they dont have a reserve any more

11. belboid

A great result for us in the trophy - 5-1! Listening to the commentary on tranmere world was hilarious

12. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Drat. Scored three away at forest green but came away with nothing.

13. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You were much the better side first half but we were getting back into it second, looked like it might have ended 2-2 but Bugiel came on and changed it. We'd missed a pen earlier too.

Argonia likes this.
  14. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Mercifully we haven't dropped back into the relegation zone but only on goal difference from Maidstone. I thought forest green away would be too much of a stretch for us.

15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

If you carry on like that you'll surely stay up. Ugwu really is championship quality too.
    Good noisy support too. We were quiet and nervy in a poor crowd.

Argonia likes this.
  16. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

A very weird match indeed. In the first half we were lucky to end up at just 1 - 1 but with the second half and the substitutions having to be made things started to click and goals flowed and we could have had a couple more but the final sliding touches just missed the quick passes across the goal mouth.

Only unfortunate thing is that we have another batch of injuries which will mean that Tuesday night against Forest Green will be completely different.

17. belboid

18. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw that, I got two I think. I've taken the day off for tomorrow. Coach leaves after I knock off but it would be a bit of a mad scramble so playing it safe. If it's any where near as good as the game at ours should be a cracker. We're pretty different though and I see you've had some horrible injuries, not that it stopped you Saturday.

19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Game off, waterlogged pitch. Good work on getting an early inspection, not due to set off for a couple of hours yet.

20. belboid

Hurray, time for a few of our injuries to recover

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

York nicking a point and Daggers and Dover losing makes for a good night without a ball kicked.

22. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Better than I expected but we still look doomed...:(

23. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Sounds like we had a few of the loan players we've brought in recently playing last night to rest some regulars and the performance wasn't great as a result. Some of the fixture pressure due to the cups runs starting to tell a little bit. Still with D&R losing we still gained a point on them, and we're still very well placed.

24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You're still well clear of us if you win the games in hand, Tranmere seem best placed to push you now but would still require a stumble I don't see the Cowleys overseeing. We live in hope though and have you to play still.

25. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Chester 2 - Tranmere 3 - going by the facebook updates it was a close run thing but we survived the 7 minutes of added time.

26. belboid

Fucks sake, games between us shouldn't be allowed.

After a Chester fan died mid-game at Prentin Park earlier in the season, another collapsed and died tonight.

RIP

27. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Shit, I saw a comment about the fans applauding a fan being stretchered away by the medics but there was no indication that it was so serious. RIP

28. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Great win, really solid performance, wore Macc down and finished the job.

29. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Really needed that after a couple of dodgy ones (well Aldershot away is a decent point I think, York at home definitely not). After moaning about the loanees last week one of them scored a hat-trick tonight.:)

Games in hand more or less levelled out now and a six point lead. Very good position for us.

30. Monkeygrinder's Organ

To state the blindingly obvious. :oops: