1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National League 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Maybe. We won though.:p

And we've won at theirs already iirc.

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You certainly did, but felt a bit more like us cocking it up than you forcing the issue, whereas Tranmere battled their own way back in. Was it pre Mellon when you played them? Seemed like his half time rocket did the trick.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  3. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Yes the Lincoln game was before Mellon took over.

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Off to Wrexham tomorrow. Good time to be playing them as it's all gone pear-shaped, hope that means a steady win. Our loanee Kieffer Moore to bag a couple against Tranmere too would be nice:D

5. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

God knows where that came from. Typical bloody Wrexham.

6. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Were you there? Thought we started Ok but the penalty miss got your tails up and you started to boss midfield. We gave it a go second half, got the one back but otherwise only really troubled your keeper once. No cutting edge. Your third came as we pushed up, but sterling effort from a team I'd heard were struggling and scoreline didn't flatter your performance. Bastards :D We'll be off the top after Tuesday now.

agricola and sealion like this.
  7. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

We made it to Bromley today. :facepalm::oops::facepalm::oops::facepalm::oops::facepalm::oops:

Not looking good at all. The manager has admitted that his priority for this season is now keeping the club in the Conference.

8. agricola

Sadly not, I am in London and had work last night anyway. Wrexham are always capable of doing that, just as they are (more than) capable of the 0-1 against Braintree and the 0-0 against North Ferriby.

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Shame, you missed a cracker from your POV and the win must have been all the sweeter because we weren't at all bad and had long spells of possession that you either defended well or we squandered, as we did pretty much every corner and free kick. On a positive note, our new boy Monthe from Bath City looked handy after he came on and pretty quick for a six foot four lump of a lad.

agricola likes this.
  10. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Home tie in the Trophy thank God, Truro visit next Sat. Had visions of Blyth Spartans away.

11. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Away tomorrow to Gateshead, then home to York on Saturday and then we have an away tie at Wrexham in the Trophy.

12. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw they'd give you that. See your fans on 1FF are delighted by you getting James Wallace on loan. Cooper said in an interview after the game with you that if we can finish above you we'll be going up. Looking a bigger ask than ever.

13. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Transfer rumours our end are a bid accepted for Shamir Mullings from Chelmsford, big unit with 14 goals in fifteen starts. League clubs were chasing too and club not named so might not actually be coming our way.

14. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

We rode our luck last night after getting the only goal after 4 minutes and never felt so cold watching a match before.

Surprised with the loan signing of Wallace from Sheff Utd. The signing power of Mellon knows no bounds.

15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Moore gone from Eastleigh and Allen in from Barnet. The team who make us look financially prudent strike again.

16. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

And now we've loaned two good players to York. Aaron can get together with Parkin again. Forest Green duo join National League rivals

ETA And sold Tubbs to Sutton. I liked the look of him pre-season but he never really got going for us.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  17. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Late late show by Norwood sends Tranmere top. Our sneaky loan plan didn't come off then.

18. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

York made it difficult but persistence paid off with the goal in the 98 minute. We are top of the league, we are top of the league.

19. agricola

I defy anyone to explain Wrexham.

20. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Bit of a piss-poor outing in the Trophy on a soggy day at TNL when the pitch kept getting heavier. As it happened that saved us from losing, one goal lead from a fairly lacklustre first hour pegged back as a game truro got one on the break then only the ball holding up in a puddle prevented a late winner from them.

21. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Wish today's result had been in the league, not the Trophy!

22. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

It was really strange seeing so much of the ground empty and the home fans so subdued.
    We got a goal and again seemed to struggle to get anything else after that. Most of the Tranmere fans around me were more interested in Mike Dean who was sitting two rows back from me.

23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Let's all hope for a dire nil-nil at Sincil Bank tomorrow, and new boy Mullings to outshine Miller at TNL.

24. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Norwood has signed a new extended contract and we have convinced Tollitt to sign a contract to stay at the club. Now all we need is a win or a score draw at Lincoln tomorrow.

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Better luck next time eh. :p

26. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

When are referees going to start penalising Matt Rhead for his theatrics? It was disgraceful the way that he was play acting today throwing himself to the ground as if he had ben shot and the idiot referee only seemed to cotton on in the 90' minute.

Lincoln seem to be our bogey team because we always seem to fail to stick to the basics that serve the team well every other time they play.

27. Monkeygrinder's Organ

I haven't seen today's game tbh but I reckon every other team in this league would gladly take Matt Rhead at the moment. I don't think he dives a lot from what I've seen but he's certainly not above it. He's not unusual in that though.

28. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Scrappy game that Dover could have felt they deserved to win, lots of better possession for the first hour after a late start because of a power outage. We did give it a good go late on and had chances cleared off the line and so on before the late equaliser, but always looked an uphill task. Playoff material not champions, and that having struggled against the teams we'll meet.

29. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Bloody hell Norwood. What a prick

30. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw that, what an utter bell-end. Possible to believe he's dumb enough to not know exactly how bad but no excuse.