1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National League 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I'm.taking comfort in our start last season not guaranteeing the title.
    Good win at Woking, dominant but not emphatic. Definitely seem to be coming together and Noble in having served suspension added something extra, including the pass for kmb's winner IIRC.
    Pinnock is excellent, much tighter at the back though tbf Woking weren't a massive test though they did press at the end.
    ETA And what happened to York?!

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Left it late and really York beat themselves, niggly fouling got one sent off and then they concede a pen at the death. Surely this Tranmere run can't last :D

3. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Woking got tonked by York city. Starting to look like it is going to be a long and difficult season.

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Just back from a long trek to Kent. Road closures saw us get there 20 mins late so missed our opener and Maidstones equaliser, but we seemed to click on the 3G and bar one flat spell at 2-1 made light work of a tidy four one win.
    Great little ground, pretty full and they let us in for a fiver because we were late. Maidstone should have no problem staying up.

5. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Wrexham are bad on a bad day, mediocre on a good one.

6. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Well that went well. Off to a flyer and two up in ten minutes. Southport didn't look that bad though, especially coming forward. They stuck at it and pulled one back after the break. They were definitely back in it at that point but pleasingly we didn't panic on the back foot, starting to knock it about and build again and ended at a canter. As well as the three we scored one off the line and a couple of other great chances. Briefly top of the league!

7. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

First win of the season at home to Chester!

8. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Well the unbeaten run continues but God the football being played is shite . The last two matches we should have been all over Southport and Guiseley and had a massive haul of goals but all we have is a 1 -1 and a 1-0. Something needs to change with the team dynamics or it will all come crashing down.

9. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Won 2, lost 2, won 3. Optimism gone then back again for once. We're up to 3rd now and league top scorers I think so it does look to be moving in the right direction at last.

10. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Dominated long spells of that today but still tendency to fuck about and let opposition back in which we duly did having gone two up. Made the last few.minutes nervier than it should have been but worth the win overall.
    Saw Tranmere lost at Shots so we're top for a while.

11. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Yes the wheels well and truly came off the bus yesterday.

12. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Watched BT's highlights show and Brabin seemed to think your performance was OK (realise lot of you don't rate him) and I know Shots have revived at home. Toying with going to Dover next Saturday, midday kickoff on telly so would leave about six in the morning.

13. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Well, I did make it down to Dover to watch us on the wrong end of a seven goal (Miller) thriller. We were well off it at the back at times but great going forward if sometimes shot-shy or just tapping it feebly from good positions. Dover definitely won their fair share too though and Miller is just excellent, his winner was a great shot though again given acres of space. Picked up a few cards I thought were harsh but on the other hand seems Bennett was lucky not to get a straight red for clattering Miller early doors.

14. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

5 wins in a row and top of the league. Blimey.:eek:

15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Those Cowley boys proving they're no flashes in the pan. Heard you were interested in Miller who did for us today. Get him and you'll definitely be contenders but I should think he'll go straight into the FL if he goes anywhere.

16. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Home to Eastleigh tonight in the battle of the bankrolls :D Could do with a win to get back on track but that's easier said than done, Eastleigh on good form despite slight slip against Southport. Their players have covered the costs of coaches so will be a decent away following. Keep having thunder and torrential showers which I hope passes before kick-off.

17. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

fucks sake. Our early season braggadocio is going rapidly away

Brabin out!

18. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Scrappy draw where we never really got going, combination of off the boil, Eastleigh defending and a poor ref. They had some basic but neat approach work and we lacked a bit of width I think until Frear came on. Think Cooper (ETA apparently it was Lindsey his deputy) got sent to the stands late which is ridiculous as it's only about ten foot behind the dug-out at out place :D Only Daggers won of the closest rivals so maybe could have been worse.

19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

None of your supporters on 1FF seem to like the way he's got you playing and i understand he slagged off Norwood after Saturday. Seems most do want him gone.

20. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

he's got us quite well organised, and we keep the ball well. but we don't push forward enough, and so we don't score. So they always have a hope, and if they just keep snapping away, there's a bloody good chance they'll get lucky eventually. Even when we were winning, we weren't doing well enough. Norwoods out on the bloody wing, he should be our central striker. Stupid stuff.

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

We push forward OK but then seem shot-shy or want to walk it in . On the odd day we get it going it can be devastating but of course at this level that's one in three if you're lucky and they're easily thrown off by even slight resistance.

22. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Home to Bromley today, one we ought to be winning if the title challenge is serious, though they managed a handy away win at Maidstone in the week.

23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Scrappy old win against a determined Bromley. Odd only starting one striker at home. We did have more of the ball but Bromley probably made the better chances until we nicked one in the 74th minute, good approach play for that. Still had a couple of scares to survive before we saw it out. Tranmere and Lincoln both losing was a bonus - for some reason I'm not expecting Daggers to sustain a challenge but tbh not with any basis for my opinion.

24. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Our game at Sutton was shite. Apart from a couple of chances early on the team just couldn't seem to adapt to playing on the fake grass pitch. The curse of being on TV strikes again.

25. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw it on the telly up until they scored when I headed out for ours. That injury turning his ankle going from the 3G to the ordinary astroturf was shit luck. Heard it said this might be the last straw for Brabin, but maybe that's wishful thnking.

26. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Finally Woking are out of the bottom four with a two nil home win against Wrexham

27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Brabin gone then, looks like to general relief from the vast majority of Tranmere supporters.

28. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Mills could well be joining him by next Monday.

29. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Yes, after Saturday's inept offering it was only a matter of time. It's a pity that a large section of fans will never be happy with whoever is in charge and some dipstick has already spray painted graffiti around Prenton Park.

30. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Can't think of any obvious candidates currently off the non-league managerial merry-go-round, any names being touted as a replacement?