1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National League 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 13, 2016.

1. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Yup, it's yours now.

Ours was a great match, on telly even. Just a shame we couldn't get the winner

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Comfortable in the end, Chester never seem to beat us. Looks like Lincoln have confirmed it. Pleased with some of the individual performances as we head into the play-offs but not sure Cooper has a team in mind that could win it.
    ETA Forgot to say York looking good.for an escape too. Well done.

oryx likes this.
  3. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

86 and 88 last week. 90 and 92 this week. Not playing well but winning.One more needed.

4. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Not now :eek::eek::eek:

5. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Least you didn't lose to relegated Southport lucky to only concede two. ffs

oryx likes this.
  6. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Back to back wins versus Chester and Macclesfield and suddenly we're dreaming of staying in the league. Game on Saturday versus York is crucial.

7. belboid

Congrats you imps

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  8. Monkeygrinder's Organ

:D:D:D

Brilliant. Great to win it at home too.

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Yes congratulations you workaday bastards :D We let a resilient Maidstone back into it despite creating and squandering a hatful. Momentum for the playoffs? Pfft.

10. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Final game of the season tomorrow at Maidstone. It looks like we may be trying out a few of the reserves to see how they fit in and to provide some options ready for the play-offs.

11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Expecting York to beat us as we'll play Daggers either way and Cooper doesn't seem to bothered about home advantage for the final leg. If the Southport game was also about not getting injured because Tilt got concussed so hope we give it a bit of a go at least for the sake of the other relegation candidates and because I'm up at dawn to go.

12. oryx

in the nicest possible way I hope so!

Could be in the National League North this time tomorrow night - will be football-bricking-it between 12.15 and 2.10 approx....:eek:

13. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You'll be far more up for it and a decent home crowd, sixty of us maximum. We do have some players coming back from injury or into form but Cooper might not risk the former and the latter might not bother! It's the telly game I see and we also never win on that (bit of a myth really but that's what always gets said)

oryx likes this.
  14. oryx

Had a dream :D:oops: the other night that you beat us 0-2.

Hope I don't turn out to be Psychic Oryx!

JimW likes this.
  15. oryx

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! So close!

Managed to catch it on TV.

Hello National League North.

16. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

And with a 1-1 draw with Dagenham and Redbridge we're finally safe on the last game of the season.

17. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I went, just back. Weird day. Looked like there might have been a tacit agreement to settle for the draw when it suited us both til Guiseley scored. Silence at the end was sad. Applauded Parkin's goals, big Jon's still got it. Hope you bounce straight back.

oryx likes this.
  18. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I think that meant we could have thrown it against York and still had home advantage in the play-offs too. Was is a much changed Daggers?

19. oryx

Thanks. Yes I thought they were both playing for the draw at the end.

The silence at the end was very sad - my bro went and would have been in the Longhurst stand, and still hasn't replied to my text after the game! :eek:

I hope they can hang on to Mills, Parkin, Oliver et al - should be able to get straight back up. Really felt for Mills - he had done so much to turn them around.

20. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Well the reserves did us proud at Maidstone. They played as they have in their reserve matches as a cohesive unit and they showed that they weren't fazed by stepping up a level and Luke Pilling in goal made some outstanding saves. Roll on the first leg of the play-off semi finals.

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Not sure who I want to win tonight, two good sides easy to like and capable of beating us no problem if we get through. Best man win situation.

22. belboid

We're on telly again! More important than the Champions League semi, according to BTSports.

Shots damned unlucky with that second goal.

23. belboid

We love Steve McNulty :)

We're off to Wembley

24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

What a mullering! Suppose it might have been different if mensah's shot went in but well on top throughout really

25. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Just back from Aldershot. What an atmosphere the SWA created all through the match even when the heavens opened and those of us out in the open got soaked. We even managed to silence the army drummer boys.
    Roll on Saturday and the return leg, it should be a carnival atmosphere.

JimW likes this.
  26. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Well Daggers had the better of a poor game so happy enough with the draw, was told our pen was a dive but I'm sure that nice young Omar would never do such a thing. Couple of important players had off days and pitch was tricky but more worryingly wasn't even sure how we were attempting to play it. Mickey Mellon will be sleeping soundly.

27. belboid

Wow, Wembley is generous. £41 for a ticket, then another quid to print your ticket at home.

Money grabbing wankers.

28. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

They ripped us off massively the other year. There was a real sense that they'd taken the opportunity to fleece fans of BRFC and Grimsby in a way that they wouldn't have done if it had been FGR v Eastleigh. We paid more than c*ty fans did attending the same year's JPT final

Conference set the prices I believe

29. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Apart from being greedy it's stupidly short sighted as well. It's probably the biggest single game of the season for the NL but realistically it isn't going to fill Wembley so they need to consider how to get people in. It must be better for them to have a good turnout surely and that means reasonable prices.

I reckon even FGR could go for that third coach if they kept it below twenty quid. :p

30. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

We felt that they were cashing in on the big club's fans and I don't think it was wrong to feel that way. Enjoyed some aspects of Conference football but not that