My husband has bought a pair of man tights

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by Shirl, Feb 2, 2014.

1. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

They were probably just an extension of this vest. :D

_79912221_giggs640.jpg

Glitter and Greebo like this.
  2. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

Viera woahohoh....:D

moose likes this.
  3. John Currie

John Currie New Member

Keyto to terminology :-

UK English - US English

Tights - Pantyhose

Pants - Under Pants

Trousers - Pants

I'm a heterosexual man and love wearing tights, I started wearing tights to keep warm in winter, when I was 21, (about 27 years ago) while working as a security guard, initially I only wore tights when at work but after a few months I started wearing tights everyday all through the winter, despite leaving the security job about 17 years ago I continued to wear tights every winter.

From the security job I moved on to working with horses after about a week,

I started to get sore patches at the tops of my legs when riding the horses, so having tried different types of pants to no avail and discounted going commando, as both unhygienic and risky, (ie. Your sat so high off the ground on a horse that should the fly zip on your riding trousers fail or just come down , putting it politely you will have enough on show to get arrested for public indecency)

I switched to wearing tights under my riding trousers instead of pants and socks, the sore patches quickly cleared up, so for the 10 years that I worked with horses I wore tights 7 days a week in winter and 5 days a week for the rest of the year

Last year the same problem as above started to happen when I was wearing fashion Jeans so I have decided to wear tights instead of pants and socks under my jeans/trousers all year round and have thrown out all my pants, the only time I wear socks now is over my tights when I'm wearing steel toe cap work boots.

I've found that wearing tights is a lot more comfortable, and feels much nicer than pants and socks ever did, I now wish I could have worn tights all the time from when I was a child.

Even if I found an alternative to wearing tights that wouldn't cause the sores on my legs I'd still stick to wearing tights instead of pants and socks, why should I go back to a less comfortable option that doesn't feel as nice to wear, just to satisfy somebody else's daft social protocol.

My infants school insisted that boys wear shorts all year round, I envied the little girls in my class, they had to wear tights in winter as part of their school uniform, and were all nice and warm wearing their tights, especially in the snow, by the time us boys had walked to school in the snow or on a frosty morning our legs were turning blue, I'd be wishing boys were a allowed to wear tights and that the school had made tights a compulsory part of the boys winter school uniform.

Why do people make such a fuss about boys and men wearing tights, girls and women can go out dressed entirely in boy’s/mens clothes without anyone commenting or making a fuss, all we want to do is wear tights, mostly for practical reasons but even if we just like wearing tights we shouldn't have to worry about justifying it to anybody else.

The reason the idea that only girls and women should wear tights exists at all, is a random marketing decision that was made a long time ago “to limit the marketing of tights, to being sold as a garment for girls and women only”, not a very good marketing decision given it cut the potential market for tights by 50%, the other manufacturers/suppliers followed their

example, but only in the UK, US and a few other mostly English speaking countries, in the rest of the world or at least the colder parts of the world, tights are marketed and worn as a unisex garment

The only problem that I have had with tights is that not only is the sizeing of the tights different from one manufacturer to the next, not all manufacturers/suppliers provide a size gide or if they do it gives the equivalent dress/skirt size , rather than mesurments, dress/skirt sizes are meaningless to me and probably most other men, I end up having to search for dress/skirts and try and work out how to find the sizeing information from that, unfortunately tights manufacturers don't tend to make dresses and skirts so your using measurements from a different garment and manufacturer, which isn't very reliable, especially since a lot of women complain about the measurements and fit for a given dress/skirt size being totally inconsistent from one manufacturer to the next and dress/skirts not being even vaguely similar to tights

I've noticed when reading reviews of tights online that a lot of women don't find it any easier to interpret the manufacturer's sizeing than I do, I also found out from reading the more detailed reviews, that how well the tights fit is not gender pacific apart from when the tights are too tight around the hips for a woman a man is unlikely to have the same problem, otherwise the same size pair of tights either fit a woman of the same height and waist size as me, for the same reasons they fit me, or don't fit a woman of the same height and waist size as me, for the same reasons they don't fit me.

Note l post reviews of the tights I buy online under my full name hopefully if you all do the same it will encourage manufacturers to create unisex size guides for their existing girls & womens tights ranges

It would be a lot easier if the manufacturer listed the waist and hips measurements against the length from gusset to waistband starting from the minimum waist and hips measurement and going up the standard waist sizes to the maximum waist and hips measurement (or just the maximum & minimum waist & hips measurement and the gusset to waistband measurement if the gusset to waistband measurement is the same for all waist and hips measurements) and the minimum & maximum leg length,width of leg and shoe size for each of the sizes of tights in their range , this would take a lot of the guesswork out of the buying tights since most people already know most of the above measurements and it's easy enough to measure yourself to find out the ones you don't know

Note creating easy to understand unisex size guides for their existing womens and girls tights ranges would be a cheap, easy and low risk way for manufacturers/suppliers to expand their market to include men and buys and improve their existing marketing for women and girls tights

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

campanula, bimble and moose like this.
  4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

\(◎o◎)/!

5. campanula

campanula plant a seed

My dad used to swipe my mums tights for any outside work between November to April...not that she ever wore 'American Tan'. All the males in my household are enthusiastic layer wearers because they all have freezy places of employment. One of the fuckers cut the feet off my Falke woolly tights last year...

6. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

You missed:
    Leggings - Tights

7. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

I have worn Mrs mx's tights when going to watch football on particularly cold days.

these days I have long johns instead.

It's not a biggie.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  8. iona

iona toxic clown

I have thermal tights and long johns for outside in the cold and grappling tights (aka spats) for fighting people :thumbs:

Thimble Queen and mx wcfc like this.
  9. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

This is an excellent first post. Good work :thumbs:

Mation likes this.
  10. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

:eek: :facepalm: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vengeance is thine! I'd have snipped several silk ties in retaliation. No jury would convict. Those beautifully snuggly bastards are so dear it makes me cry but there is no substitute.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    campanula likes this.
  11. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

When I was a teenager I often wore white jockey long John's under my skirt, with the big y front :D I found them more comfortable and warmer than tights.

12. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

They’re just clothes, wear what you want. Your penis won’t shrivel up if you wear women’s clothing.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  13. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Mine did ;)

14. My OH wears my leggings under his jeans sometimes when it's cold. No biggie.

15. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

not sure why people are stating that they are hetero, not sure why people keep putting 'man' in front of things like it somehow changes things 3/10.

Sea Star likes this.
  16. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

Not, I would imagine, when Roy Keane was playing.

Acshually, footballwise, male footballers seem to wear all sorts of gloves, tights, bobblehats, trenchcoats and onesies . Women footballers don't. Why? :confused:

17. Sea Star

Sea Star ...

Women are tough :):thumbs:

Wilf likes this.
  18. Sea Star

Sea Star ...

You'll need estrogen for that

purenarcotic likes this.
  19. Wilf

Pah, clearly have a less developed sense of fashion:

[​IMG]

(((((snoods))))

Sea Star likes this.
  20. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

Yeah, what sort of cunt wears a city shirt? :D

SpookyFrank, moose and Wilf like this.
  21. Wilf

:thumbs:

moose likes this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif
    kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif kirk.gif

23. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

I'm a big proponent of both anyone wearing what they want without regard to gender, and easier to understand clothing sizing.

But i'm just wondering if the paragraph in the middle about little girls being nice and warm, boys legs turning blue isn't the work of one of those dodgy fuckers that keeps posting on these boards about childrens clothing and the like?

24. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

I long for the day men's skirts come into fashion - skirts look so comfortable.

mx wcfc likes this.
  25. pengaleng

SKiRTS are already available, you just gotta wear em, theres no such thing as a man-skirt. stop this fucking nonsense.

SheilaNaGig and Sea Star like this.
  26. Sea Star

Sea Star ...

i was reminded of those dodgy types that post comments and DMs to me on social media asking obsessively about tights - whether i like wearing them, how many i have, do i like patterns, and often adding, if i was a woman/ passed as a woman I'd wear tights all the time. The fact that i find them difficult and uncomfortable much of the time - and they make me feel like i'm cooking in all but the coldest weather is not the answer they're looking for. :D

mx wcfc and crossthebreeze like this.
  27. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

Sorry you obviously get so much attention like that - ugh! And yes i agree - leggings i get on fine with, but tights are an absolute pain. :D

28. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Nylon tights feel absolutely horrid to wear, and are so thin I fail to see how they can be any use as insulation.

Leggings/longjohns plus shorts is the way forward. Keeps you just as warm as trousers but without the risk of getting your trouser cuffs wet in the event of long grass, puddles or other water hazards. Also great for cycling as it eliminates the risk of trousers getting chewed up by gears, and unlike with those tight stretchy cycling shorts you won't get sweaty ball rash and you won't look like a paedophile.

29. pengaleng

dudes who are into tights as a fetish are some of the cheapest motherfuckers going, not as cheap as feet guys, like it's only feet - yeah but it gets yer dick hard and thats why you cant see for free

Sea Star likes this.
  30. Sea Star

Sea Star ...

I used to wear leggings like trousers before i transitioned - for years - did get some comments but trousers are flappy and constricting, women's trousers even more so, but leggings feel like as second skin.

I think if i do find a pair of tights that fits and feels comfortable i feel like I've won the lottery. Sadly they wear out quickly and then you're back at square one. But as I don;t really feel the cold too badly I don't really feel the need too often - usually it's just so i can hide my hairy legs in the winter :D

crossthebreeze likes this.