Must see locations along the North Wales coast?

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by UCK, Jul 15, 2019.

1. UCK

UCK littering and

I'm off for a week's camping in Wales from the 25th of this month with a mate, coming into Wales from Chester. Planning on travelling along the North coast.

We're going to end at Snowdonia national park or thereabouts. Already planning on going to Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Anglesey. Hitting lighthouses along the way too.

Any top tips/ must sees, good places to camp or restaurants?

There aren't any fixed times to get to anywhere, don't mind a drive out for seeing somewhere/ thing even if it would just be for an hour or two.

2. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Why are you going to Colwyn Bay?

South Stack is a must for lighthouses.

3. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

The Great Orme in Llandudno is kinda cool.

Conwy. Walls, castle, harbour.

Wouldn't bother with Colwyn Bay. There are more interesting faded seaside towns tbh.

kebabking likes this.
  4. chilango

Pete's Eats in Llanberis.

Cafe Siabod in Capel Curig.

kebabking likes this.
  5. chilango

Tbh when I'm travelling from Chester to Snowdonia I tend to avoid the coast and go inland across the Denbigh moors.

6. kebabking

kebabking Not a Girly Swot, but I like them....

Yeah, Ruthin is a lovely town - well worth a mooch and a stop for lunch.

Llyn Brenig is a nice spot for a wander, a look at the Ospreys, and possibly a play in a boat.

Llangollen is a fantastic little town - very scenic, lots of interesting shops, steam railway, places to eat, and excellent walking up on Ruabon mountain and up past World's End.

Conwy is a great town, excellent castle (fantastic fish and chips at The Galleon). It's got a working harbour, and lots of independent shops.

Betws-y-coed is very pretty, but it's always rammed. Parking is a pig.

Llanberis for walking/climbing gear, and Pete's Eats, The Heights Hotel and the Snowdon Railway. Llyn Padarn is pretty and it's a good location for a picnic/unwind.

Bangor has a uni, so lots of eating and drinking. Fun place.

Cearnarfon is fantastic - castle, harbour.

Holy Island on Anglesey has fantastic beaches on its south western side, and there's a (neolithic?) burial tomb you can go in on the south western side of Anglesey. There's a village church near there called Llangadwaladr, it has a gravestone for Cadfan, King of Gwynedd, who died in 625.

mwgdrwg likes this.