Music you've discovered through youtube autoplaying it

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by killer b, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

thats pretty crazy, especially on the soloing front
    its interesting how japan has such a deep culture/respect for jazz/funk/soul...i guess the historic ties to the US are a crucial part of that...and tokyo and LA are only separated by a bit of water. Actually that Casiopea record is quite West Coast sounding.

2. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

There s a great mastercuts comp of Japanese jazz funk, do you know it?

3. ska invita

no, sounds good. mastercuts are usually solid

4. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

It's volume 6 of the jazz funk series, defo worth picking up. This is my favourite track from It, some heavy harmonica.

Beats & Pieces and ska invita like this.
  5. ska invita

2 million views - Bside of a minor dance 12inch, 500 copies pressed - a youtube autoplay hit I reckon
    big tune though...tasty kick drum..."woody"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  6. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

7. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

On a 90s rap odyssey

Ralph Llama likes this.
  8. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

This came on on the bus home and proper put me in a soft round the edges happy mood. :cool:

killer b likes this.
  9. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

great album. :cool:

10. ska invita

Algorithm has given me and 400k other people this

Tracks: 0:00 - Plantasia 3:23 - Symphony For A Spider Plant 6:03 - Baby's Tears Blues 9:10 - Ode To An African Violet 13:10 - Concerto For Philodendron & Pothos 16:22 - Rhapsody In Green 19:40 - Swingin' Spathiphyllums 22:51 - You Don't Have To Walk A Begonia 25:25 - A Mellow Mood For Maidenhair 27:45 - Music To Soothe The Savage Snake Plant Warm earth music for plants... and the people who love them Recorded in stereo at Patchcord Productions Hollywood, California Includes Mother Earth's Indoor Plant Care Booklet by Lynn & Joel Rapp

it could be a lost soundtrack to a future release of Mario World...Its quite good background music in all honesty

jontz01 likes this.
  11. Flavour

Flavour hang the bankers

Funny, youtube autoplay has given most of the same weirdo japanese 70s and 80s stuff as posted here. Not quite so individually tailored as one might think, but still good

12. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

How about this hypnotic afro shit?

ska invita likes this.
  13. The sounds of Mort Garson ... look at him

[​IMG]

:D

littleseb and ska invita like this.
  14. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

There are def tunes that get pushed by the algorithm heavily. It depends what tune you start with tho (obviously, I guess)

15. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I guess it is the modern equivalent of eg garage punk comps in the 80s, which made a few extremely obscure tracks very popular, to the extent that by the 2000s the obscure tracks were more well known than the classics.

16. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

I wonder if it's essentially targeted advertising. Light in the Attic or whoever paying so they play this next for people listening to ambient stuff, then announcing the lush vinyl re-issues a few months later.

17. corporate influence

18. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

what do you mean?

19. I assume Youtube is effected by corporate influence(as in record companies paying for an increased chance of play).... saying that though I did get this

which will give immense pleasure to a select few but is of no commercial value :/ Naughty rabbits.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  20. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

I assume like any google thing there'll be ways of gaming the algorithms, but I had a look earlier and as far as I can tell it isn't possible to buy better positions.

Ralph Llama likes this.
  21. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I can't see there being enough money in putting out reissues of obscure japanese prog that the record labels would have enough money to spend on marketing that google would pay any attention!

22. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

There must be something tho.... lets ask around

23. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

... maybe its the other way round, when someone reissues something (or posts it on a popular blog) it means loads of people go check it out on youtube so it boosts its position. That kind of sounds more likely

Ralph Llama likes this.
  24. Spandex

Spandex Well-Known Member

So I was listening to the greatest track released this year: Peggy Gou - It Makes You Forget (Itgehane) but rather than the usual youtube video I had happened on a French house and disco channel Delicieuse Musique.

Up next came a recent remix of Malian superstars Amadou & Mariam by French disco god Ceronne which is every bit as good as it should be: Amadou & Mariam - Filaou Biessame (Ceronne remix)

Then came a remix of Tobagonian legend Calypso Rose that sounds like a lost Basement Jaxx single from the 90s: Calypso Rose – Calypso Queen (Mo Laudi Remix)

And then great re-edits kept on coming:

Indian disco: Alisha Chinai & Vijay Benedict - Zindagi Meri Dance Dance (Olefonken edit)
    Japanese disco: Orange Tree Edits – Dorian (Jimmy Rouge edit)
    Brazilian soul/funk: Evinha – Espera Pra Ver (Poolside & Fantronic Edit)
    Nigerian disco: Oby Onyioha - Enjoy Your Life (Rayko Edit)

Well done Youtube and your algorithms :thumbs:

ska invita likes this.