1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music vids with London as their backdrop

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Saw this vid for the first time the other day - amazed that it was set in London!

Inner City - Good Life

Is Detroit really that shit that a rainy day in london deserves this anthem?

(I was talking about this with a mate and we worked out that the reason it was probably shot in London is because it was a big hit here, and probably didnt do anything in the US charts, so they likely came to do a TOTP or something and quickly knocked it up just for us:) )

Anyhow - more London videos please! Plus locations is you know them.

I guess the Inner City one was StPauls + Chelsea Bridge? One of those nice bridges in Chelsea emabankment anyway...

2. ska invita

Bob Marley is this love?

Shot in Brixton ( & at a kids party - theme wouldnt go down too well today - sad really )

EDIT: just watched it - I remember it having a lot more street shots in it than that

3. ska invita

Romford!

I guess theres a lot of grime videos out there covering most of the major postcode wars...

4. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

pretty much any madness video - so that would be too easy.

Two faintly unexpected ones -

- song is about Edinburgh, but the video is mainly west London / Westway

Ghost Town, Specials
    - generally considered to be about Coventry, but various London locations - Rotherhithe Tunnel, one of the long roads that's all railway arch just south of Waterloo or London Bridge...

5. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

6. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Wrong. It wasn't shot in Brixton.

Filmed at the Keskidee Centre, Gifford Street and surrounding streets, Kings Cross.

http://www.kingscrossenvironment.co...fford-street-bbc-radio-4-thursday-1130am.html

7. ska invita

great calls - really enjoyed that marrillion trackl! i think that was some progrocking 5/4 time at the start for good measure.
    ghost town might well be the greatest uk no.1 of all time i reckon - great video too
    off to watch baggy trousers now...

8. ska invita

thanks. i think ive got the whole thing confused - i remember lots more street shots - i think i was thinking of something else. thanks for clearing it up though (and repping kings x too!) i wonder how much of london we can cover...

9. ska invita

^^^The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
    anyone know where thats shot?

10. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Two classic Jungle Brothers videos here.

1. "I'll House You" - filmed in Gee Street EC1 which is just off Old Street
    2. "Straight Out The Jungle" - filmed in Camley Street, Kings Cross and in unidentified Camden streets.

11. ska invita

^^great one toblerone - hadnt seen those before - that camley street is that little nature reserve round the back there isnt it. I guess Gee St (records) really made it happen for the JBs

okay - how about this one. wheres this? i think the tower block is on Cheney Walk (on the north embankment) - then theres some shots from the other video in Kings X - i reckon the street shots are kings road chelsea
    One Love

by the way, anyone know the name of that guy with the tash at 2.00 in??

12. AKA pseudonym

AKA pseudonym Well-Known Member

Street London....

13. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

thanks

Hobart Paving, Saint Etienne - mostly round St Pancras before it became international...

14. ska invita

someone was telling me something about the guy from saint ettiene being a real london-o-phile. i forget what he did now... some kind of london art project or other

15. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

16. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

17. ska invita

the website you posted there kanda has got all the answers! internets too clever for its own good. im sure theres ones we know that they havent got though.

that street london thing was touching too

18. ska invita

bob stanley
    from wiki

19. revlon

revlon Well-Known Member

The jam's when you're young - bandstand section filmed in Queens Park, shopping centre bit done in Kilburn

The jam's absolute beginners - lots of running down empty streets in and around Hammersmith

dexys come on eileen - brook drive kennington

20. revlon

revlon Well-Known Member

flowered up it's on - judging by the architecture i'm saying the little park on the regents park estate, camden

21. revlon

revlon Well-Known Member

xtc towers of london - bits of everywhere really, although kings cross gasometer gets its third appearence on the thread.

22. Madusa

Madusa Baller

23. Suprised this hasnt come up yet. Ian Brown - FEAR. Berwick Street/Soho/Chinatown area

[video=dailymotion;x15ald]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15ald_ian-brown-fear_music[/video]

24. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Yes it is. And here's another one that was filmed down there - Terence Trent D"Arby, Sign Your Name. Admittedly not much of it, but that's the power station down at Chelsea Harbour in the background when he's on his bike.

25. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

26. Debord

Debord regular fry

Blur - For Tomorrow

27. ska invita

good one (never heard that tune before_ - got trafalgar square, primrose hill, ladbroke grove, i even thought i saw one shot of pimlico (with 3 boys on it) , but i could be anywhere tbh.

Those shots in trafalgar square with the pigeons and the woman (0.36) i think refer to this photo - im guessing this photo is famous - ive just seen the cover of the book
    [​IMG]

28. ska invita

Is that Victoria station? I cant quite recognise it. I like the bit at the end when they drive past South Africa House and theres an apartheid demo outside it.

xtc towers of london has got kensington (so tick that one off) < great london tune that one (another id never heard of)

Suede - Saturday Night - it must be hard to get to film on the tube - highlights for me were seeing a payphone on the platform! Those bandit steal your money chocoalte machines were missing though... I guess the party shots were in a service tunnel

dexys come on eileen - brook drive kennington - our first south london one!

29. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Mostly waterloo bridge and the north bank, a little south bank and some estates.

30. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member