1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music venue chat

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

I reckon it'd be a really stessful job....i dont know any venue owners/managers, but ive known a few pub landlords, and that sounds bad enough

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I always got the impression it was difficult to get going, but if it gains popularity then its fairly plain sailing.

3. ska invita

Got to Bar 512 last night - excellent little spot - unpretentious venue, nice door and bar staff, and a really good well up for it crowd, especially considering its in Dalston ;)
    The sound was alright, but i think the Launch crew brought in their own...a tiny bit more bass wouldn't have gone amiss.
    Ever so slightly too many people in there, but Ive had worse...
    :thumbs: thumbs up

[​IMG]

4. ska invita

Went to the Garage in Highbury... Never experienced such a sticky dance floor in all my days... Maybe its just a rock thing!

On another note a couple of times I've seen people queuing up into an anonymous door under a bridge to the south side of Blackfriars bridge... Next to what I think used to be the Ft building... It looked like it must be some kind of arches under a railway line thing.... Anyone know more?

5. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Had exactly the same experience in there on Friday when I saw Bob Andy. We thought it was our shoes specifically - my Clarks Wallabees and my mate's Clarks desert boots. Like glue.

ska invita likes this.
  6. ska invita

Hah jokers...i wonder when they last cleaned it... We ordered water and ice to try and clear our little dance patch but it made surprisingly little difference :D

ringo likes this.
  7. ska invita

New "16 acre" venue coming to Canada Water (south london)
    :hmm:
    Printworks
    London’s huge new venue Printworks announces Nina Kraviz, Daphni, Dopplereffekt and more for 2017

What kind of music are all the djs mentioned? Are they going for a berlin-thing?

ETA:

"Picture a massive industrial warehouse set across an amazing site in London's Docklands, with a full day of the scene's biggest names providing the soundtrack. The event will take place in The Press Halls space at Printworks London. Housing the giant printing presses that once churned out the Metro and Evening Standard newspapers, the Press Halls are a fully soundproofed space, so expect proper sound levels.

Promising fully bespoke production, LWE and Broadwick Live will make the most of the Press Hall's rare potential, adding fully-fitted L'Acoustic and SB28 loudspeakers in the main room, designing an automated lighting truss that makes the most of the vast heights and installing over 100 lasers and spotlights to illuminate the dramatic industrial features. Room 2’s sound will be provided by Void. "

8. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Sounds well shit.

9. ska invita

:D

any thing in particular annoyed you, disgruntled from croydon?

Maggot likes this.
  10. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I spent midnight NYE there b4 going onto a warehouse party. Great vibe and varied music although we were only in the bar. Good beer. It was free and thankfully no security. It was a piece of joyous London rarely found now.

I've seen Sly and the family drone there previously in the 'gig' part and various other gigs. Always more than you get at most other venues.

11. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Lasers.

12. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

only 100 lasers in 16 acres tho, that is probably less than the average for a town centre.

13. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Any lasers just spells disco trouble. Mad for it glow stick pills and trainers.

14. ska invita

Anyone been in the Horse & Groom Shoreditch?
    Ive stood outside and thought it looke a bit hellish and id never go in , but theres something id like to go to now....