Munk Debate: Be it resolved what you call political correctness I call progress...

Discussion in 'theory, philosophy & history' started by Beats & Pieces, May 22, 2018.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

i'm perfectly self-aware: i'm simply pointing out that if i ask a question of another poster, sometimes i want an answer from that poster. do you think it the right thing to pop in and answer questions directed at racist wankers?

2. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

Exactly - it is clear that when actually challenged Peterson doesn't respond well. He needs to be questioned, and I posted the video link as it offers an insight in to his thinking.

3. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Specifically, what do you think it says about his thinking? In what ways does the video demonstrate how he should be challanged/questioned?

4. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Your decision to post on each and every thread is not first motivated by having something to say, but on needing to say something.

Orang Utan likes this.
  5. Pickman's model

Your decision to post on this thread solely motivated by your need to say something about me.

e2a: not surprised by your decision to suggest mental illness, it's the sort of gutter you love to stoop to.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill Enforced Holiday

Mental illness?

7. Pickman's model

mental illness.

8. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Mental illness?

I, and everyone else, see you on practically every thread and have done for years. Once in a while one of us might be drawn to remark on it.

9. Pickman's model

thank you for confirming your suggestion.

10. Pickman's model

oh you do like your lies. of the last 200 threads appearing in 'new posts' i'd posted on fewer than half. "practically every thread": not only are you drawn to a) comment on my mental health, and b) comment on me and ignore the actual topic altogether, you demonstrate your unfamiliarity with the truth with this canard. your opinion's not worth the pixels it's written in.

11. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Ok.

kropotkin likes this.
  12. Pickman's model

go on, tell me another lie.

13. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

Let me assist. Peterson starts off with his familiar schtick about him taking a stand against a law that he says 'compels speech'. He's talking about bill c-16 - which amends Canada's Human Rights legislation to include 'gender identity' and 'gender expression' as prohibited grounds for discrimination and hate speech. Peterson claims that this means that people will be compelled to use particular pronouns against their will, but as the Canadian Bar Association points out, this is not the case, though I suspect that, if a trans person was repeatedly and deliberately misgendered as a strategy of bullying or harassment then this would and should be prohibited. Peterson is in a long line of bigots who oppose the extension of civil liberties to marginalised groups under the guise of freedom.

Peterson later goes on to deny that patriarchy exists and the fact that women on average earn less than men or are under-represented in certain professions is the product of either their individual choices or biological differences between the sexes. People should take individual responsibility and/or accept their place in the natural order (which by the way is 'metaphorically male' whatever that is. Chaos, is 'metaphorically female'). By contrast, the reason men do worse on average in school than women is because of feminism.

Basically it's a series of dog whistles to the MRAs and 'anti-SJWs' that make up his fanbase, coupled with selective rowbacks, equivocation and purposive ambiguity when pushed by the interviewer so that he can maintain plausible deniability.

mojo pixy, frogwoman, ddraig and 5 others like this.
  14. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I really want to continue this discussion.

Sunset Tree and S☼I like this.
  15. Pickman's model

:D

S☼I likes this.
  16. Beats & Pieces

If you think Peterson is bad, this particular idiot is...well, best let him speak for himself. Remember, people paid to attend!

17. Beats & Pieces

I bet you like speaking on another person's behalf, eh Jeff?

18. Pickman's model

Three reasons Beats & Pieces if you please

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  19. Beats & Pieces

You are a story of vowels. You try to reach at Juvenal and yet will only ever be juvenile.

20. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I think the best would be if he didn't speak at all.

21. TruXta

TruXta tired

While you're someone striving to be the dog's bollocks yet only touching its arse.

22. Pickman's model

Yeh. Not true, chuck, I don't try to be juvenal - who I doubt you've read. It's not me who affects to be an intellectual and posts all manner of hifalutin titles yet can not physically have read them all. You're a fraud. And I'm still waiting on a single reason from you of the myriad you claim there are to watch the video in the op.

23. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Bugger, there's me thinking this thread was about dead jazz musicians! Note to self, pay attention.

Celyn, sealion and Pickman's model like this.
  24. Pickman's model

Nothing here is as it seems

25. Beats & Pieces

You do try, and unfortunately for you, if you had checked through your very own 'Reading Challenge' thread you would know what I have read.

You sad, sad man.

26. Pickman's model

Oh I have checked. Which is why I don't believe you. And you still can't give any reasons to watch the video in the op. Sad.

27. Beats & Pieces

As I said, you sad, sad little pretender of a man.

28. Pickman's model

Yeh cos you really read les mis and Pamela and a dozen other books in the first two weeks of January. At least 3000 pages. And still you can't produce a reason to watch the video in the op.

29. Beats & Pieces

Maybe your standards are too low? Maybe you read very slowly?

30. Pickman's model

Maybe you were lying about the many reasons to watch the video in the op just as you're lying about what you've read.