1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to mirrorless: Fuji xe-2 or Olympus omd em10

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by kropotkin, Jul 26, 2014.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's something very similar going for £6.99 here. Where did you get yours from?

2. Tankus

Tankus random farter

amazon ...that looks a bit bigger ...looks good though

Just put that site into favs ...some good deals there

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. Tankus

Tankus random farter

Got somewhat frustrated yesterday out in bright light .....very difficult to view the screen.....

The adaptor working well on my bigger lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    but this with the sun causing reflections off my face and glasses ment I was shooting blind
    [​IMG]

Seen a comedy option for a tenner
    A screw fit LCD magnifier.......
    I know it defeats the whole point of a mirrorless , but technically I'm doing that when carrying a 250 or 300 mm for more options

I may get laughed at....but wtf

No glue on this one ...screwfit and magnets

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    grosun likes this.
  4. Tankus

Tankus random farter

Oh dear

[​IMG]

Only to be used out in the wilds. Away from people who laugh...sort of defeats the cameras selling point but ....

grosun likes this.
  5. grosun

grosun wicket tunes

Hahahaha, that's enormous! Far larger than I imagined it would be from the product image.

6. Tankus

Tankus random farter

It works really well though ...out with the camera this morning with some low angle sun behind me ...and I couldn't see the screen ...put this on ...job done ....keep it with me in my camera bag

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh my Lord. That thing looks as daft as a brush.

8. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

At least if you drop it in the water, it can swim back to you.

ViolentPanda likes this.
  9. Tankus

Tankus random farter

the camera will sink as the magnifier loses its magnetic grip .......... .... ...I'm going to call it Bob

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  10. Tankus

Tankus random farter

6 months on ....and I'm not feeling it for this camera and bob ....the ergonomics of it are just plain wrong ....and I'm finding it a bugger to instinctively frame my shot ....I didn't think that the lack of a viewfinder would be such a deal breaker ....but it is ..... Sensor technology has moved on from my near 10 year old eos 450 ,so I'm reasonably happy with what comes out ....but I just don't like using it ....
    Cant even hold it properly without blocking the light sensor ...I do use a neoprene wrist strap support ....but still ....Have looked at aftermarket grips ...but then ...that was not the reason for buying it

I'm actually back to using my old camera bag ...its just got a little lighter ......as that lens cover does take up a lot of space

Have looked at the horse shoe digital viewfinder for canon ...but it actually costs around £160
    [​IMG]
    which is vexing me as more than I initially paid for the camera body lens (18/55mm) and flash ....for the combined price ....might as well gone for a newer SLR ...dunno ...had toyed with going full circle and plump for a panasonic all in one ...with RAW and viewfinder (Panasonic DMC-TZ60)

[​IMG]
    It strikes me that it would make a cracking everyday camera ....which was my initial intent with the eos m and a pancake 50mm lens ...really need a rethink

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You should have gone for an OM-D! The good news is that you can pick up the first version pretty cheap on eBay now. I wouldn't advise spending money on those bolt on viewfinders as they're ergonomically awkward, IMO.

12. Tankus

Tankus random farter

It's my lens legacy innit .....I fancied a day camera ....and one to use all lenses when I felt the urge ...

13. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Yeah, I can't be doing with cameras without viewfinders these days—not just because my crappy eyes won't focus close enough to use screens all the time (I'd send the eyes back but they're well out of warranty now).

If you're looking for an all-in-one, the Panasonic LX100 is really good. I nearly bought one the other day before I remembered that I already have a million frickin cameras and don't need any more.

14. Tankus

Tankus random farter

level 10 want .....bloody price though ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG ...... controls back on the outside and EVF .....may restore my interest in photography

that ..with a 22mm pancake ...the want is strong with this one ...obi wan
    canon eos M5

15. Tankus

Tankus random farter

fuck it ....just went back to a newer model of my old faithfull eos 450 ....and just got a 750d ...same size as the last one ...but 10 years worth of advancements , everything in the same place so zero learning curve .... did look at the 760 with the extra LCD screen but same chip ...thought ..nah , can't justify a grand for the eos m5 .....still keep the eos m in the car or day bag for those odd moments , but I actually hate using it .... it's back to the old sling bag and kit when I feel the urge ....the lack of a viewfinder is too much of a deal breaker for the way I shoot .....and also mirrorlesses (well that original M one anyway ) are a bit pants for moving objects ...

heh ...full circle

ps sorry about the blank pictures in the earlier shots ...photobucket are blackmailing me ...I've now gone over to flickr

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017