Most expired thing in your office #milesysbanana

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by mrs quoad, Oct 15, 2018.

1. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Turns out the hand soap refills in our upstairs loo have been here since before some of our undergraduates were born :D

(And expired before most of them were out of nappies).

0CEF23E9-543C-4696-9539-D4582EF7404D.jpeg

The eye-height medicine-style cupboard has been half-open since I first came to this building in 2013, and always looked a bit unloved. I sort of assumed maintenance or someone else kept tabs on it but, er. Maybe not.

And, er. Round 2: I cleared out the common room magazine rack earlier. It’s also been untouched since well before 2014, and the most recent addition was a New Statesman with Cameron and Milliband on the front cover. Most copies of Aesthetica (?!) and Private Eye went back to the mid-90s.

What’s lingering at the back of your work cupboards?

equationgirl, pogofish and A380 like this.
  2. strung out

strung out (",)

I've got a branded stapler for Bristol Polytechnic, which hasn't existed for 26 years

3. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

In my previous Council office, I saw a stapler which had an anti-apartheid sticker on it - so mid 80 to late 80s?

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

some years ago i was cataloguing a departmental library when i found a copy of a hitler youth magazine from 1944. it was neither a history nor a german library.

5. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

The mid 80s stapler had been moved from the old office to the brand spanking new one as well :thumbs:

Pickman's model likes this.
  6. Mrs D

Mrs D . Banned

I find it very sad that our library stopped stamping return dates in the front of books, so you have no idea how popular a book is or was or wasn't. You just have the option to print a reminder slip. :(

PippinTook likes this.
  7. Pickman's model

you mean you have no idea how popular a book is or was or wasn't. for all you know all the stamps come from one person's use: and librarians can still see how many times it's been actually issued as opposed to stamped.

8. Mrs D

Mrs D . Banned

I should ask for a graph of previous borrowings and borrowers over time when I take a book out then. Except we don't get to talk to a librarian when borrowing books any more.

It was quite thrilling to borrow something last issued in 1976, perhaps transferred from the County Reserve in 1982. :)

9. Pickman's model

tbh anything which was last borrowed 42 years ago should have been moved to store or disposed of years ago.

10. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

My boss's views on women are the most outdated thing in my workplace.

11. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Was it in Basildon?

12. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

I have some old files on inventions from the 1940s. They were going to be binned. Plus a catalogue from the 1950s.

13. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

The oldest thing in my room is me. I'm well past my best before date.

14. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Found some Novell Netware 2 disks and a manual for Microsoft OS/2 v1.3

equationgirl and mrs quoad like this.