Monlouis

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Can't see this mentioned anywhere else: Kieran Monlouis has been called up by the St Lucia national team.

Think he's the first DHFC player to be called up by a national side since Shawn Beveney during the Wayne Burnett and Craig Edwards years.

(Not quite sure why he's been completely bombed out the side - thought he looked bright early on.)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Hamlet Pete and iamwithnail like this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It would be nice if our Club actually acknowledged Full Internationals capped by their countries while playing for us...

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  3. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

4. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

It's well good. Happy memories of being out with my St Lucian mate and his twin when they were wearing that, got a lot of attention!

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's not an actual team kit even though you can buy them, it's one of those "concept" kits. Like the Adidas Hamlet shirts that people keep knocking up with online templates!

There's also a Barbados one that reminds me of the first ever Hamlet kit I saw 40 years ago. Ours was royal blue with a pink stripe. (Minus the trident!)

20191114_215719.jpg

scousedom and iamwithnail like this.
  6. scousedom

Gutted.

7. Moroccan Sunset

Completely agree. One of our players has been called up by his national side and there's no recognition of it on any media channel. This is a massive achievement for both him and the club.

It looks like he's one of the players that the management is trying to boot - for some reason - but that shouldn't matter. This is something to be proud of.

Well done Kieron!

Hamlet Pete, Nivag and 3010 like this.
  8. scousedom

If (if) he is being booted even more reason to splash the achievement about - would help attract another club!

9. Pink Panther

I wish people wouldn't use words like that. This is someone's job you're talking about. If you've ever suffered a redundancy you might understand.

10. Moroccan Sunset

It's not used with any contempt for Monlouis. On the contrary, I'd probably start the bloke today if I had the choice.

11. The Balance

The Balance New Member

It’s a weird one. In my opinion he offers more on the offensive side of the ball than Vose or Chapman and thought he looked bright in the early season games (although everyone did tbf). The last time he he played, I think, was away against Braintree, when again he looked good on the ball.

I think he suffered a bit when we switched to a midfield two and the arrival of Reise also pushed him further down the pecking order, even if they weren’t competing directly for the same position.

Now we’ve switched back to a midfield three I hope he might get back into contention, but he needs to make the subs bench first.

12. scousedom

That’s fair. I have as it happens. Should know better. Sorry.

Ronco and Pink Panther like this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

The fact that he's not even on the bench now makes me think something has gone on behind the scenes.

I agree though. I think he's the most natural no. 10 in the squad and naturally breaks forward from midfield. I like him: comfy on the ball and takes up good positions between the opposition midfield and defence. Probably needed to score more goals though.

14. Moroccan Sunset

Tell me if you think I'm wrong guys, but, I don't know, it just feels like... It just feels like I'm being ignored? Like we deliberately aren't acknowledging Monlouis' call up or something?

15. Pink Panther

I think he was probably competing with Connor Hunte for a place more than anyone else, a player who was especially impressive for us at the end of last season, and again when he initially returned from Injury in September.

It looks to me that there's a lack of self-confidence with Kieran. He's one of those technically accomplished young players who've been around all sorts of different clubs without ever nailing a place, and now he's in his early twenties without really having much game time or many starts under his belt. Somehow a lot of what he did playing for us never quite came off or resulted in any end product. He may yet, like Ibra Sekajja a couple of years ago, make a breakthrough and really step up a level to become a key player.

He played 90 minutes in each of St Lucia's international fixtures last week, at home to Dominican Republic and Montserrat. They won the first 1-0, but lost the second by the same score to opponents who included our former player Craig Braham-Barrett, and finished bottom of their qualifying group which was won by El Salvador:

st lucia football - Google Search

st lucia football - Google Search