1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momentum Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Fingers, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

2. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

3. Fingers

Thanks. I like the idea but do not want to end up in some hard left/SWP type group.

CH1 likes this.
  4. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Maybe try George Galloway's Sputnik tomorrow on RT - they often go on about this sort of thing.

Fingers likes this.
  5. Fingers

Just bumping this two year old thread. Caveat: I am a Momentum member but am not living in the area any more due to the London pricing out bollocks.

There does not seem to be much action going on in the area. With a council that is about as far a Labour principles as you can get...

6. lang rabbie

lang rabbie Je ne regrette les gazebos

The lack of a separately branded Lambeth Momentum may be why some members of the current council leadership are paranoid that any other group opposing library closures, revealing housing management incompetence, friends of parks etc. is a Momentum "front"

Gramsci and Tricky Skills like this.
  7. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I heard that candidate selection here is vetted by a Progress controlled panel.
    Which may explain why the goings on here are reminiscent of T Dan Smith (but without the "output").

PS a Lib Dem ex-councillor I know opined the other day that T Dan Smith's nefarious activities would be quite legal nowadays!

8. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I have been hearing that in some local wards it's not Momentum as such causing problems. It's a mixture of people who joined because of Corbyn and older ex members who rejoined.

It's causing the Progress leadership problems in some parts of Lambeeoukdth.

I wouldn't call these people hard left entryists. One told me the meetings he goes to Corbyn supporters sit on one side and Progress the other. There is no common ground. It's a politica/ ideologicall and cultural divide. They have nothing in common and never will

The increase in membership in Lambeth is purely down to Corbyn.

Some of the local parties are still dominated by the Nu Labour.

Fingers likes this.