Mobile Clubbing- 11.10.06!

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Avantrural, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Avantrural

Avantrural irregular rave maker

any urbanites been to these before?
    so much fun!!!
    a week today it is.
    i'll definitely be there...;)
    ---------------------------------------
    Mobile Clubbing Returns
    11th October 2006
    Liverpool Street Station
    Rules:
    Bring Favourite Dance Music And Walkman/ipod With You
    Arrive At The Station Around 19.15
    No Dancing Before 19.24
    Spread Out Through The Whole Concourse
    As Soon As The Clock Strikes 19.24, Dance Like Crazy
    Dance Like You've Never Danced Before
    Try Not To Dance In One Place
    Dance For As Long As You Can
    Enjoy!
    Don't Worry Clubbers, You Will Be One Of Many.

2. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

it's just more flashmob crap, surely?

3. editor

editor hiraethified

19.25: get slapped in the face by harried commuter who is fed up with fuckwits getting in his way with their desperately tired "Please look at me!!! Aren't I cwwwazy and wacky!" antics.

<cue applause from bystanders>

4. Avantrural

there's all sorts of different motives behind people wanting to go surely?
    it designates a time and a place and the people who're interested turn up and dance about...
    most commuters find it pretty amusing (which it is)...
    its not about getting in people's faces, but enjoying the strangeness of being part of a crowd all dancing to their own beat- makes a pretty refreshing change from dancing in stinking hot night clubs to boring repetitive duf-duf...
    :p

5. editor

editor hiraethified

Nah, it's just a load of self indulgent, well-past-its-sell-by-date, over-done, "look at me" twaddle.

I bet, like, there'll be lots of people taking pictures of each other, yah?

(Feel free to look up earlier debate on flashmobbing:
    http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110968)

6. Avantrural

a cynic's view!

7. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

dancing in the street is cool as fuck. i love dancing to my walkman

i caused a car crash once :D

i doubt i'd ever be arsed to turn up to an event specifically designed for it, but i don't see why you have to sneer at it

8. Avantrural

there's "yeah-mates" wherever you go- its unavoidable, but it doesn't mean every one has the same intentions/ reason to be there-
    have you been to one?

9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

oh dear :(
    you almost redeemed your spamming self before this as well:rolleyes:

10. editor

editor hiraethified

I had to walk through a preening gang of attention-desperate iPod-waving Flashmobbers at Paddington station once and I dearly wished someone had set about them with a high powered water hose.

Sooo avant-garde!

11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

12. pk

pk drink flounce rinse repeat

Sounds just like flash-mob twattism to me - let me guess, after 30 minutes everyone goes their own way leaving bemused commuters wondering what that was all about?

Utterly pointless, and has been done before.

13. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

i don't understand why such hostility

it;s exactly the same reaction a lot of people would have had to reclaim the streets re: preening etc.

it's just kids fannying about and it's just as valid in the sense of creating a community as this website

14. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

Some of the American Improv Everywhere stunts were pretty funny. I like the fact that a bit more thought has gone into them.

15. pk

Reclaim Streets had a valid purpose, as does this website.

A bunch of twats being told "no dancing before 19.24pm" has no purpose other than being far too late for the mercifully short-lived "craze" of flash mobbing.

16. editor

editor hiraethified

Err, Reclaim the Streets was a political protest not an excuse to wave expensive consumer goods in the air, you clueless wazzock!

:D :D :mad:

17. pk

Exactly. There's some funny shit out there, but dancing at Liverpool Street has been done already. You might surprise the odd Japanese tourist, but every fucker else has seen it before.

Think up some new shit.

18. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

and the purpose is to bring people together. i don't know what flash mobbing is but if a bunch of people meeting up and fannying about then (hopefully) going somewhere afterwards to fanny about a bit more is wrong i don't see why

they are told no dancing before a certain time so they can all start dancing at the same time....like i said. it's not my thing, but i don't see why people are sneering so much. let the children boogie....

19. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

political my arse

jugglers and people on stilts is only political in your tiny little world

20. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

definately and i bought the name ages ago incase it may be of use in a similar 'more productive' way, was taking the piss a bit really.
    but AN can still have it for a good price tho :D

21. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

So you were there then?

22. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

:confused:

23. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

ok to put it another way for the simpleminded, reclaim the streets and that sort of shit is something i'm all for, having parties wherever the fuck we like is very important imo. but it is just as much a product of the system as people dancing about with their ipods etc. if reclaim the streets had evolved into something else then i wouldn't be taking the piss out of it, but the best you lot ever did was trash mcdonalds in regent street, fucking wow.

24. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

25. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

i got the arse end of it:(

26. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

i went to mayday 2001. and i just knew that we were beat. were is this oh so important hippy shit when we actually need it??

it's cool to throw stones at starbucks and mcdonalds, but when the facism really kicked into place everyone fucked off

mayday 2006???????????????

27. editor

editor hiraethified

Well, that and get the road building agenda and green issues into the headlines, massively raise public awareness of environmental issues, introduce a new generation into original, smart and successful protests and - arguably - force the government to cancel some of its planned road building projects.

PS Reclaim The Streets didn't go about "trashing mcdonalds in regent street." You've got it confused with Mayday, silly boy!

28. editor

editor hiraethified

Seeing as you clearly haven't the slightest clue what you're whittering on about, it's best you shut the fuck up now, boy.

:rolleyes:

29. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

we are currently living in a wonderful era thanks to you lot:rolleyes:

this movement that you so love failed miserably imo, look at the state of the world today. am deadgrateful to a bunch of hippies cancelling roads for the world we inherited .....

30. kakuma

kakuma Banned Banned

patronising cunt

if you don't have a decent answer then don't bother replying, old man:rolleyes: