MLB post season 2018

Discussion in 'general sports' started by paolo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

If ever an urban thread could be more lonely and unpopulated.

I’ll try though.

Can the Yankees dig themselves out of that horrow show last night?

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

Hello . Baseball is clearly a very niche sport on U75 as every postseason there seems to be a BB thread.....which splutters along until there’s a minor bunfight over whether it should still be called rounders or not. Erm, and that’s about it!

For my part I love the game. First taken in 1986 as a 13yr old to (old) Yankee Stadium when Mattingly was playing first base and Ricky was stealing them. As I’ve got family in NY the Yanks have always been my team but last year I was in Boston and went to Fenway - an incredible experience. As a ballpark it knocks (new) Yankee Stadium into a cocked hat...

Anyway the answer to your question is/was ‘no’ the Yanks couldn’t dig themselves out of that 16-1 horror show the other night and so the show moves on. Milwaukee went one up on LA last night. Houston and Boston go at it tonight in game 1 - Verlander v Sale.

I’ll be trying to watch as much of the postseason as possible but can see I’ll be hampered by work. Enjoy the games Paulo - who do you think will win the WS? And who do you want to win?

3. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Let's hope not!

4. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

I've fancied the Redsox all season, but I'm an Astros fan and they look to be peaking at the right time so I'm hoping they can keep their current run of good form going.

5. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

That ship sailed days ago :)

souljacker likes this.
  6. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Cerberus Well, definitely not going to the Red Sox, but I totally get what you say about Fenway Park. Much as I had a great time at Yankee Stadium a few months ago, it didn’t have any charm of history.

My time in NYC was in Brooklyn (north specifically, which I fell in love with.)

So I’ll have to plump for the city’s third team - the Dodgers. Still not buying the recent move to LA ;)