1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixes

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by The_Reverend_M, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dialectician

dialectician shoot doctors

Well I have a blocked ear should probably take it easy, but enjoying this...

nogojones likes this.
  2. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Is anyone familiar with the 6 Million Steps website?
    It's a great archive of disco, boogie, funk, reggae etc with some excellently curated themed mixes. They really know their music history.
    The Timelines mixes are brilliant - remember the BBC's The Rock n Roll Years, which interspersed pop and rock hits of the day with news footage? - it's like that in mix format. Thoroughly recommended:
    Time Lines - 1 | Six Million Steps

Fez909 and Threshers_Flail like this.
  3. Orang Utan

here's a sample tracklist from the fourth Timelines:
    Humphrey Bogart, US Pledge, Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald - Summertime, Blue Note Announcer, Billie Holiday - Speak Low / Jack Kerouac, 5 Blind Boys Of Alabama, Bobby Womack, Bill Withers, Swan Silvertones - Get Your, Soul Right, DJ Jumping George, Stanley Unwin, Laurel Aitken - Boogie In My Bones, US National Broadcast, Alan Freed, The Big Bopper, Little Willie John - Fever, Liberace, Casey Kasem, Ruby & The Romantics - Our Day Will Come, Stanley Unwin, Elvis Presley - Surrender, 'Elvis', Elvis Announcer, Gene Chandler - Duke Of Earl, Wolfman Jack, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love, Motown announcer, Murray The K, Four Tops - Eleanor Rigby, Lee Hazelwood, Richard Nixon, Eric Weissberg & Marshall Brickman - Dueling Banjos /Cheech & Chong, Zombies - Time Of The Season, Fertile Ground, Edwin Starr, Robert Duvall, The Animals - We Gotta Get Outa This Place, Robert De Niro, Etta James - All The Way Down / Bobby Womack, Jimmy Castor, James Earl Jones, The Invitations, Derek & Clive, Brenton Wood - You Better Believe It, Eddie Murphy, Quincy Jones / Michael Jackson - Rock With You, 'Maggie & Parky', Prince - Sign O' The Times, 'Reagan', Smith & Jones, Sugarcubes - Birthday / Nelson Mandela, 'Ian McGaskill', Les Patterson, Robbie Robertson - Somewhere Down That Crazy River, Ricky V. Valentine, Anthony & The Johnsons - Fistful Of Love, George Bush, US News Reports, Olu Dara - Rain Shower

4. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

good stuff. I've been doing a bit of work with them over the last 6 weeks or so, i like them a lot.
    i think this mix is off his weekly radio show......worth checking out regularly.

plurker likes this.
  5. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Nice one; cheers Orang Utan; got some road trips this summer & I'm looking for new soundtracks :cool:

Orang Utan likes this.
  6. 74drew

74drew Well-Known Member

Optomo's annual Bucky Skank

Orang Utan likes this.
  7. The_Reverend_M

The_Reverend_M More bass, vicar?

Which Mixcloud downloader would you recommend? Have tried offliberty but the MP3 quality is awful.

8. Orang Utan

the Chrome add-on I have is called merely 'Mixcloud Downloader'

9. The_Reverend_M

The_Reverend_M More bass, vicar?

Cheers! I'll give that a google :)

10. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Can someone tell me how to create a mixcloud mix...I take it I can't just compile tracks from Spotify and add to mixcloud...do I need some other software?

11. Orang Utan

you need to record the mix as an mp3 and upload it.
    if you're not going to do any actual mixing, you could alway just make a Spotify playlist and make it public

12. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Right. But Spotify 'mixes' or playlists will only feature on Spotify won't they?

13. Orang Utan

yeah, but you could record the playlist using something like Audacity (I've used this programmes to upload old mixtapes)

Maharani likes this.
  14. Fez909

Fez909 um...

7.5 hours of Dekmantel (Friday):

9 hours of Dekmantel (Saturday):

8 hours of Dekmantel (Sunday):

15. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Lovely little mix from Ruf Dug here: