"Middle East" region includes where exactly?

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by miss direct, Jul 28, 2018.

1. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

There's a freelance job being advertised - "Middle East region". Applications are through the website so there's no way of contacting anyone to ask for further details.

Does anyone know if that is likely to include Turkey or how to find out?

I don't want to send off my CV and come up with the perfect cover letter unless it does.

2. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

I don't think Turkey is generally regarded as the Middle East is it?

miss direct likes this.
  3. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

There is no standard definition of whether Turkey is in the Middle East or not. It depends on the subject matter of the website and the political slant from which the publication comes from. Make the case in your cover letter that Turkey is a key part of the Middle East. You could drop them a line asking the question but maybe you would not get an answer. Job search inevitably involves a degree of speculative trawling and a certain amount of investment in applications that do not pass muster for a variety of reason. In a nutshell change your attitude to searching for a job.

miss direct likes this.
  4. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

It's a global company with its headquarters in the UK. Turkey, helpfully, is sometimes classed as being part of the wider Middle East region, and sometimes isn't. Searched their entire website looking for a definition of the regions they work in but couldn't find anything.

I wasn't actually looking for a job but this one popped up and I have everything they are asking for. Am rather miserable in current job so it seems serendipitous.

5. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Seems obvious but do they have a search button on the website where you could see if they have any reports or papers mentioning 'Turkey'.