1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mick Harris (Fret, Napalm Death) interview

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by DaveCinzano, Oct 11, 2017.

1. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Orang Utan likes this.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

He's a good guy I think - the mid 90s Scorn stuff is pretty great.

Cut from the same sort of music-obsessive, autodidact mould as Kevin Martin (The Bug) who always does great interviews too.

DaveCinzano likes this.
  3. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

He's playing in Shipley soon - may have to pay a visit

4. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Ex Easter Island Head are supporting, and it's my 40th birthday, if you needed any other reasons to go.

Orang Utan likes this.
  5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Mick Harris is great. The amount of good stuff produced by the members of that early Napalm Death lineup is amazing. Harris and Justin Broadrick especially but Nic Bullen and Lee Dorian (although Cathedral weren't my thing so much) as well. Shame the actual band turned into generic death metal really.

6. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

I first heard about Napalm Death because Pat Mills quoted them in his Crisis comic strip ‘Third World War’ :D

7. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

the guy who djed at my local indie disco when i was growing up produced the b side of "Scum". I found out recently.

8. TruXta

TruXta tired

This prompted me to stick on some Painkiller whilst working :thumbs:

9. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I saw him do a Scorn set at Corsica Studios once - it was funny as there was the odd metalhead there amongst the ravers - they hadn't ever danced to stuff at dubstep pace, so they were moshing really really slowly, while making devil horn gestures

DaveCinzano likes this.
  10. copliker

copliker ...

Napalm Death on Snub back in the day. Accidental Tap.

"We can't do melody. so we don't do it."
    "I wouldn't say that. I'd say we probably could."
    "Yeah we could but I mean..."