1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met Police v Dulwich Hamlet (Sat 18 Nov, 3pm)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Nov 12, 2017.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

While I'm in a thread-starting mood... a Saturday Oyster awayday at the home of the fuzz! One of the oddest experiences you can have watching football in England, watching a match at Imber Court, the police sports and social club.

Only the manager is a copper nowadays, of course, but they're not allowed to sign anyone with a criminal record: Jim Cooper on life as Met Police FC boss

- Half-hourly trains to Thames Ditton (zone 6) from Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction and Wimbledon.
    - Pubs are the other side of the station from the ground - the George and Dragon was nice the last time I did this, other pubs in Thames Ditton are the Swan Inn with a Thames-side beer garden (brrr) and the Red Lion ("a licensed creche during the say with three ales from local breweries" - Pink and Blues on the Booze).
    - You can also have a drink in the Met Police social club itself.
    - Can't find this season's ticket prices on the website (it was a tenner last season, wasn't it?)

2. clog

clog have that you c

Could’ve sworn I was there ;).

darryl likes this.
  3. darryl

The police denied everything, though.

4. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

one of the funniest songs I've ever heard at football was when a not police player fouled a dulwich player , strongly protested it and the rabble broke into " HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS , HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS , I NEVER TOUCHED HIM , HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS "

5. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Last time I was there was a great battle, Tomlin sent off and Ash hit the crossbar from 50 yards in injury time which would have won it iirc

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. YTC

YTC Human Man

Will be my first visit to Imber Court, seemed to have ducked it every other season. Looking forward to the return of the other half of FTH too..!

7. darryl

bump! There’s a match on Saturday!

8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

My first visit too for the top of the table clash.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

10. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

HT 4-0. Hang on in there Hamlet.

Pink Panther likes this.
  11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Looks like the bloke doing the FWP updates has given up. Still showing as half time!

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Full time and it's a beautiful 4-1 win putting us 8 points clear at the top, although that's a bit academic when we've got Billercunty behind with 5 games in hand.

Great result Hamlet!

passenger likes this.
  13. Pink Panther

8 points in the bag they don't yet have. They were losing at Harlow with 12 minutes left, but this time their opponents had a man sent off. Plenty of scope for their wheels to fall off yet.

Great result for Hamlet away to an in form side on a winning streak whom we seldom beat.

EDC and editor like this.
  14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

DSC_4737-01.jpeg DSC_4738.JPG DSC_4734.JPG DSC_4745.JPG DSC_4743.JPG Great first half for the goals. Second half was a bit meh.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  15. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

"Only one Toni Miller"
    Dulwich Hamlet star physio

toni DSC05085.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM
  16. PartisanDulwich

Peak Pastel
    Peak Allassani

DSC05067.JPG

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM
  17. PartisanDulwich

Great to meet an Argentinian, Dulwich Hamlet fan today at Met Police
    she loved football in Argentina and says despite now living in North London loves following Dulwich Hamlet

Good to see DulwichHammer making her feel welcome

Always good to remember to say hi to all fans, new and old - lets keep our club welcoming

Fingers, Lucy Fur and Noss like this.
  18. PartisanDulwich

Attendance 321
    so 200 Hamlet

19. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

A real game of two halves. First half was one of the best 45 mins we've played under Gavin - we largely nullified a Met Police in red hot form and exploited a very shaky backline that could not cope with Tomlin, Ferguson and Allassani. The latter duo both missed good chances as well: we could easily have been 6-0 up at half time.

Second half the Fuzz regrouped and contained us with ease, without really fashioning any significant chances for themselves. Their no. 11 was outstanding and seemed to be their only viable outlet. As stated above, it was a bit of a non affair. Onovwigun came on for the last 20 or so mins and played well.

Tomlin hobbled off half way through the second half and looked absolutely crocked, which adds more woe to our injury problems. Nana was supposed to start, but he was clearly not match fit and replaced by Tomlin before kick off. Chambers was injured as well and while Dumaka was on the bench I'd say he was well off match fitness. The good news is that Clunis is back in 3 weeks and that Hayles is back for Tuesday.

I was really happy to see Tanasheh back in the starting line up. I thought it was quite clear that Green wasn't ready to start on Tuesday, so I'm glad he was given his place back. He seemed to link up with Allassani well, too and it's great to have the luxury of two very good left backs. Beaney was brilliant in the middle and I think he and Kargbo have to be our first choice midfield pairing.

blueheaven, jnrknight and dcdulwich like this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

21. Pink Panther

Certainly agree with that. For me Beaney gives us a level of control and composure in the middle of the field that we just don't have without him. I'm not quite sure how he lost his place a month or so ago.

joe1990, clog and dcdulwich like this.
  22. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Agree too. Tbf though I think Beaney did lose a bit of his touch and accuracy for a couple of games, best (if slightly unfairly), exemplified by the poor touch that enabled the Staines equaliser in the League game at theirs.

Good to see him right back on top of his game again yesterday though. Beaney firing on all cylinders is a massive asset.