Megabus London Tours

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by xsunnysuex, May 12, 2018.

1. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Ok thought some might be interested in this. Especially maybe if you have overseas guests?
    Stumbled across it in SLP.
    Megabus London Tours.
    I've just booked 2 seats on this. Total cost with 50p booking fee, £4.50
    The tour is 1hr 55mins
    With the other london tours cheapest being around £26 per person. Makes it a bargain in my book. Has some excellent reviews on trip advisor.
    :D:D:D

London Sightseeing Bus Tours | megabus

2. spitfire

spitfire Toast

Good find, thanks. Minifire has been asking to go on one of these for ages and this will take the sting out of it considerably.

:thumbs:

xsunnysuex likes this.
  3. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Megabus...?

Nothing those cunts do is ever a bargain!

If they undercut someone, its because they want to muscle-in and drive everyone else out of business.

Then see what happens to the prices. :mad:

4. xsunnysuex

Yes you may well be right. But, I could never afford the prices the other companies charge now. And if I could I wouldn't pay it. They take the piss with those prices.

sealion likes this.
  5. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

I'm certainly no fan of Megabus, but that is a good price. I'm guessing it's an introductory price too.

6. xsunnysuex

Went on the megabus London tour this morning. Would highly recommended it.
    It ran over due to heavy traffic. So 2hrs 40mins. But it was fun. Lovely and breezy.
    And only 6 of us on the bus.
    upload_2018-5-18_16-44-42.png

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    spitfire, sealion and Slo-mo like this.
  7. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

I think I might have to give it a try. Thing is, the trains from here to Londonium are run by the same company as Megabus anyway so I can't go to the capital without driving or paying Mr Souter.

And the ULEZ will soon remove the first option

xsunnysuex likes this.
  8. xsunnysuex

You should try it. It was really good. Makes sense to do it now before it gets too well known. We got there too early. So would have been in time to get the earlier bus. That left with only one passenger. And it doesn't stop anywhere else.

RubyBlue likes this.
  9. RubyBlue

RubyBlue faded and jaded

I just checked this out online ~ my partners sister and boyfriend are over next month from Sweden and I just got tickets for 4 for £19.00!! Bargain! Thank you :)

10. xsunnysuex

Very welcome. We loved it. So much so, we are doing it again at the weekend.
    Ticket prices are starting to climb now. But as you've seen, still good deals to be had.

RubyBlue likes this.
  11. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

Hi can you buy a ticket on the bus? xsunnysuex

12. xsunnysuex

Unfortunately not. Online only. But tickets can be bought right to the last min.

13. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

Thanks. I couldn't see anything so just booked them online anyway.

I now need to try and remotely guide them to the tower hill stop to get it but I don't know exactly where I'm sending them. :facepalm: they don't seem to be capable of using the internet outside of their house.

14. xsunnysuex

If you tell then to go to the tower bridge. The pickup stop is just on the road down the side. When I get home I can send you a map and mark it exactly where the stop is if that helps

15. xsunnysuex

quimcunx
    The stop is marked in red.

upload_2018-7-11_17-57-43.png

quimcunx likes this.
  16. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

may also be worth telling them that there's about 4 different operators doing open top sightseeing buses in London, and (unless things have changed) they all use that stop on Tower Hill.

17. xsunnysuex

Indeed. :thumbs: