Meet the Anarchist Federation

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by charlie mowbray, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

t-shirt-punk-crust-anarcho-punk-oi.png

Nigel likes this.
  2. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

not sayin all anarchists are a bunch of punx!

3. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

Ah ok
    Seem to vaguely remember discussion at AF/ACF meeting with Workers' Solidarity Movement guy at Anarchist Bookfair on this a while back !
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

its time for the Afed to move on to a more coherent and consistent ideology, Council Communism.
    Wasn't there a Council Communist influence on the Afed?

5. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

He was an anarchist when, btw? Are you a thick cunt?

I'm anarchist at my core (LibCom) but do feel the need to move away from all of the imagery surrounding it and the title, etc

Just say pro working class. And look and sound like them a bit.

6. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

you don't make much sense.

according to the Afed:
    "The AFed give their view on Russell Brand, the comedian-turned-activist who opposes voting and calls himself anarchist in his new book, Revolution."

So, is Russell Brand right then? - Anarchist Federation

"So, genuinely angry at capitalism as he is, Brand is not qualified to be a spokesperson of the revolution. He will be using the royalties from ‘Revolution’ to set up a self-managed business for recovering addicts. But revolution has to be made by people oppressed by class, race, gender, sexuality, ability and lack of opportunity, all acting together"

If he calls himself an Anarchist, then why is not an Anarchist? The Afed can't really say why Russell Brand is not an Anarchist apart from the fact he's got a bit of money and is sexist. the Afed are unable to distinguish their own politics from those of Russell Brand in any meaningful way.

7. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

I' found some anarchist pamphlets and now i'm an anti-anarchists too!

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. butchersapron

Waste my fucking time. Child.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  9. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

How does this make me revise my previous statement about you?

10. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Have we had dog on a string yet?

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  11. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Brand espoused some dogmatic cliches at some point which got some kids excited who were the target audience for the book he wanted to sell.

And then hug the police and vote labour

Nigel likes this.
  12. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

you mean the dreadlocked crusties drinking scrumpy jack cider at ten in the morning who haven't showered for a few weeks with a skinny dog on a string?

13. butchersapron

They don't care about you or your stuff. Be an actual anarchist. Talk to anarchists. Stop wasting my time.

14. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

what makes you think i haven't?
    you are wasting your own time.

15. brogdale

I see that I can teach you nothing.

16. butchersapron

I don't care about you. The only way a consistent press/archive exists is through organised anarchists. That only exists by subs and dues.

How do you think your well old pamphlet was produced?

17. brogdale

Mebbe Anton believes Ordo Ad Chao?

Nigel likes this.
  18. butchersapron

Possibly. It's all very childish. So hard to tell.

Hey anton - be an anarchist.

How could we tell.

I could tell by what the AF do. You, anton?

How could we tell

19. butchersapron

A moper who think thinks libcom oh god

20. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

I don't understand the above comments.

only joshing with the 'all anarchists are punx'. but seriously, i've been to enough Anarchist bookfairs, and it seems to me that the Afed and other anarchist groups have actually nothing to say that is actually relevant to real politics at the present moment.

of course i know Russell Brand is a celebrity tosser, but the vacuousness of his views in some ways reflects the emptiness of many views that are put forward by many on, at least, the anarchist/libertarian circuit. i suspect that Russell Brand researched his 'rebel' persona by watching the people at Occupy etc, and copying their gestures, the kinds of things they say, their sentiments etc.

. well meaning, but ultimately fluff.

Afed do an important job in republishing texts and that is a good thing, no doubt.

but the fact the Welsh Afed can put out a yuletide xmas picture of kropotkin as chav looter santa tells me something about their vision. it is lumpen proletariat, criminal, anarchist in the bad sense.

as i admit i don't have the answer either, there's not much to do apart from posting piss taking punk memes on the afed threat.

21. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

Anybody care to explain what's behind this odd series of posts?

22. brogdale

Years of refining the art.

ice-is-forming likes this.
  23. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Are you a member of the Labour Party?
    You're right up Brand's street if you are.

24. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

no, i'm not.
    good luck to Corbyn tho, but I'm not a member.

25. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Why good luck to him?

26. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

All these anti-Stalinists and anti-Statists joining the Labour Party or doffing their cap and wishing him luck.
    It's more comical than anarchists having nose piercings.

27. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

i haven't joined the Labour party. I thought about it, and then thought nah...
    why good luck to Corbyn?
    why not? because there are no other realistic alternatives.
    what are we supposed to do? wait for the final 'collapse', which might never come?
    personally, I don't think Corbyn can win and even if he does, not much will change, but it may be a little better than now

i came across a brilliant text on libcom, which you may have all read, but if you haven't perhaps you should:
    Militancy: highest stage of alienation - Organisation des Jeunes Travailleurs Révolutionnaires

militancy: the highest stage of alienation

28. Anton

Anton Banned Banned

in my opinion anarchists should start standing in elections. Class war did, altho they haven't had much success because they are really a bunch of punx with funny coloured hair and piercings.
    we need a new party of the left that is not authoritarian and marxism, nor infantile and anarchist, but both, authoritarian and infantile.
    or rather, libertarian and marxist, and that stands in elections, and has policies.

29. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Great. Knock up the constitution and statement of intent and maybe I'll join.

Or do you want others to put in the ground work just for you to turn your nose up at it?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  30. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Btw, libertarian and Marxist aren't mutually exclusive.