Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Mar 5, 2018.

1. xenon

xenon Carne Por la Machina

Well no, lets be fair. Not a snob just out of touch.

2. 8ball

8ball Most Ignoreable Poster 2016

It's a completely different texture to scabs.
    Add some iron filings to falafel and you'd be a lot closer.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  3. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

i don't generally dig raw veg next to hot cooked meat. i'm a firm believer of salad served as a separate course

4. Orang Utan

how so? I love black pudding and kebabs

5. Orang Utan

that's not how i see it, but how many might see black pudding

6. xenon

Not him. He just likes the meat in a different bread not pita. Probably some obscure kebab that no one else has eaten except that time they went on holiday.

7. Orang Utan

no, I've had them here too - like Guyanese rotis, or the bread you get falafel in

8. I think the lack of capitalisation is just Dials adaptive technology not picking things up properly.

9. 8ball

A good flatbread or even a naan is better tbf. Unless it's a very small kebab.

10. xenon

A good kebab, should have salad.

PippinTook likes this.
  11. Cor. I'm hungry now.

Orang Utan likes this.
  12. xenon

Naan with kebab? I am all for experimentation but come on.

13. 8ball

I like a bit of salad in a kebab.
    It's my one exception to the "salad is the flaky dandruff of Satan's anus" rule.

PippinTook and xenon like this.
  14. Orang Utan

Well I've only ever had one good salad in a kebab and that was the posh kebab shop near me that claims to be 'authentic', Berlin style.
    The usual ones just have anaemic iceberg, tomato and onion in them. Only the onion tastes of owt. Would generally rather stick to the meat and sauce than have to have my salad with my tea, rather than after it, and not if it's just iceberg, the Fosters of lettuce

15. 8ball

Bit of lamb sheesh and some really hot chilli sauce in a garlic naan.
    I'm hungry just thinking about it.

PippinTook and Thimble Queen like this.
  16. 8ball

I've only ever had one good salad that wasn't in a kebab. :)

17. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

He's doing New cross this easter

MrSpikey, xenon and 8ball like this.
  18. xenon

Yes I do like that crunchy ridged flat bread the German kebabs have. Why don’t we have that here. But still yes shredded cabbage not lettuce. A kebab without any salad is a sad, sad thing though.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  19. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Probably.
    I just dislike people dissing a country for no reason. Dissing a country's leaders is fair game, but not a whole country, because he had a dodgy kebab.

20. Is he allowed to diss the country he lives in? Cos he does live in England.

21. xenon

Anyway, this is all bollocks. We are all trapped in the belly of the machine, and the machine is bleeding to death. Changing your diet, talking about the damage meet industry does. Yeah it’s not going to bring about the end of capitalism. But neither does sneering on the Internet. Let’s fight over land. Give us back our land. Well and expertiss to use it . And the time to have a light bite

22. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. He sounded like someone who had moved to greener pastures.

23. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

It is also a traditional Scottish dish. Not for breakfast though. And am sure I could find lots of places where this is traditional food. Because all the trad dishes were made by the people who could not afford to eat any other bit of the sheep.

PippinTook and mojo pixy like this.