1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meadow ends contractual obligations for player payments and support of club finances

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's how I would interpret it. Presumably Meadows are still paying the utility bills etc. and intend to claw that expenditure back from future matchday revenue, but if all our regular adult supporters chip in the price of half a pint each week to the 12th man fund and those who can afford it give a bit more we should at least be able to sustain some sort of playing budget via the 12th man scheme.

If the wage budget is the £5k a week figure referenced by our manager in the media I doubt anyone other than Billericay is paying much more, and many will be paying a lot less. I understand Wingate & Finchley's budget was just short of £2k a week last season and they qualified for the play-offs. Worst case scenario is that we may have to release some players and the manager would walk away, in which case we'd probably end up with a poorer team, a lesser manager, results and performances would decline, and attendances would probably fall too. But many other clubs have to deal with worse. Look at Worthing just recently - unable to play home games and well adrift at the bottom of the table with just three points from the first 16 games. We're not in a life or death situation for the forseeable future and we have enough support to keep ourselves afloat as far as I can see.

Once again I'll throw in the Meadows figure of an £8k a week wage bill and £170k annual loss. If this really is the size of the wage bill and the scale of the losses why don't they just halve the playing budget and the club will instantly be solvent with a playing budget of £4k a week, which I would imagine is comfortably above the mean for our division? If the figures in their recent press statement are correct then they approved the wage budget and it was their prerogative to allow Gavin Rose to walk away at the end of his contract if he wasn't happy with it and appoint a replacement willing to work with smaller resources. Our football club's current predicament is entirely of Meadow's making.

Dulwich Mishi, darryl, clog and 6 others like this.
  2. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Plenty of Millwall past and present have and do follow Hamlet as a second team. We also had a great response from the public ( apart from one or two on here ) :D with our battle against Lewisham council and there property developer mates. There would be plenty of us that would throw in a couple of quid. I can't see why you couldn't arrange something with our club when the time comes. Good luck with it all !
    Steve Kavanagh is our ceo if you need to contact the club.

3. YTC

YTC Human Man

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The FUCKING LIARS:

PartisanDulwich and blueheaven like this.
  5. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Is it structured lying?

6. sealion

Tricky Skills and darryl like this.
  7. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

What's the situation with the food outlets? I take it they keep their own profits but pay rent for the space they take up? Does that rent money go to Meadows or to the club? Basically, should I buy food inside the ground or not?

takkforalt likes this.
  8. YTC

YTC Human Man

I don't recall him commenting about the future of Non League Football before. The quotes are handy at this point. More news, more pressure.

9. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

darryl, editor and Lucy Fur like this.
  10. clog

clog have that you c

Why? It’s good that he’s come in and put pressure on both Meadow and the council. This has nothing to do with his position on Millwall.

11. AndyF

Food outlets pay a fee then a percentage profit depending on their take and size of gate i.e. more on a Saturday and less say on a Tuesday. All catering and bar income goes to Healey Development Solutions which is the trading arm of Meadow.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

The Mayor's intervention is very important and this is not said lightly by him. First time in days I've felt less than miserable about the situation. Strong stuff from Gavin too. Peter John now needs to deliver and with fan pressure hopefully Meadow will be popped out of Champion Hill. Question is, what replaces them. We need a consortium of some sort, with fans at its heart. As Liam said a few weeks ago, the club is an attractive proposition to other investors, even without building on the pitch. It "just" needs a big lump of capital.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And this is a wonderful quote:

15. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

What are we hoping for Peter John to do, though? I can't see a compulsory purchase order being issued here...

pompeydunc likes this.
  16. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Kevin Rye is responding to various questions on twitter. I am happy to collate them here as they come in:

Q1/ Will Clunas (@theclunas) Meadow’s statement says “we are now actively seeking to work with DHFC, #DHFCcommittee statement says Meadow have ignored a list….Of questions from the committee. Which is true?

There seems to be some confusion here. We received a list of questions on 23rd October. We sent the responses to these on the 24th October with further questions questions raised on 25th October and further responses supplied on 27th October. A new set of questions were circulated on 30th October and 1st November and were answered, belatedly, on the 3rd November. Following a conversation with Liam Hickey on 3rd November, I was then sent a series of questions that he tells me were originally sent to the supporters’ trust when financial information was originally sent to DHST and the Football Committee by Meadow Residential on the 19th September. These responses have now been circulated to the committee and DHST.

Q2/ Duncan Hart (@pompeydunc) ‘Nick McCormack is 98% shareholder and has now regained control with a debt that is 400% more than before Meadow. Strange as crowds up 600%'

A2/ Nick McCormack was always in control. He permitted us to do the things we have done, including providing PAYE, financial and other support, for example on a matchday. #DHFC

Q3/ Paul Parker (@parker1782) ‘Are you fucking joking ‘Built an outside bar’ It’s a fucking shed that cost less than what I have spent there in the last few weeks'. Also Mark (@millionbevs) ‘And it’s still not fit for purpose’

A3/ The new can bar to which you refer cost £6,000 to build. The income from the bar itself has paid for the work to convert what was an old storage facility. #DHFC

17. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Oh, thats it...

KR: That's all the questions I've got answers for at the moment. If you have any more, or you're not happy with responses, please let me know. I'm happy to keep dealing with them as they arise, but I can't guarantee the response will be immediate. Cheers. #DHFC

18. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

[​IMG]

clog likes this.
  19. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

:facepalm:

YTC likes this.
  20. sealion

I hope you are right.

darryl likes this.
  21. sealion

I never said it did. I will leave you lot to it. Good luck.

22. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab New Member

Depends if you're hungry

crocustim and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  23. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

The problem with buckets a professional clubs, of course, is that it could get much worse down the line...when we need help not just to continue, but to actually survive.
    And, also, you need people doing the collecting who are really, diplomatic, not going to be too dramatic, and know the facts of what is happening. It needs to look as above board as possible if we went down this route.

I, personally, don't think we should at this stage. And, also, the most dedicated could/would well prefer to watch Dulwich Hamlet, who may well be playing at the same time.

I think it is a better use of peoples' time to push the "12th Man" & on-line fundraising.

Pavel, Jimbob73, Pink Panther and 5 others like this.
  25. clog

clog have that you c

Totally agree. I’d feel really uncomfortable going with a begging bucket to Millwall or Palace or Charlton for that matter.

Pink Panther and Matt The Cab like this.
  26. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Not if Harrow draw and Harlow don't !

27. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

£6 fucking grand!!!! Oh do piss off. Show me the breakdown for that, someones getting royally shafted if that's how much was spent. :mad::mad::mad:

StephenMac likes this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Except Harrow Borough were knocked out in the last round against Haringey Borough...therefore we will be at home to them or Harlow Town, if we draw.

DonkeyAssessor and Pink Panther like this.
  29. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying that. It'a always good to be able to sort out the calendar for the next week more than 3 days in advance !

30. AndyF

No they're not. It is about right as it had to have electric put in, new fridges, shutters plus labour.