1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meadow ends contractual obligations for player payments and support of club finances

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

????? We play Harlow away

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

on Saturdays at home #sorry

3. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Hey man. The link isn't working. Could you check and update?

4. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

OK. This works. Thanks!

DHFC12@hotmail.com

5. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

This link works for those who want to share

6. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I'm happy to do print 12th Man posters, flyers, labels for collection buckets etc etc, message me or who's best to contact?

7. clog

clog have that you c

the door of the ladies loos is still broken....

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

There's been a waterfall of piss going into the corridor downstairs/gav's office for weeks....

9. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

And that is not a metaphor?

Nivag and YTC like this.
  10. Jimbob73

Meadow Residential LLP
    Telephone: +44 (0) 20 73682280
    Address: First Floor, 50 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7JS

Office not far from me, might go and check out who or what is actually there at lunchtime.

11. Jimbob73

Are Hadley and Meadow basically the same company? Peter Bennison seems to be the Managing Director of both.

12. JackPittBrooke

JackPittBrooke Active Member

No they're two different firms. Hadley are developers who bought Champion Hill in 2014 with the backing (ie, the money) of Meadow Partners, who are basically a property investment fund. Then in 2016 Meadow set up a new development arm - Meadow Residential - to run the projects that they had been doing joint with Hadley. So there was effectively a Hadley/Meadow divorce. Peter Bennison went to go and work for Meadow Residential, now running Champion Hill. And Hadley stepped aside.

AndyF and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  13. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

So, what has Nick McCormack said?. Is he willing or able to take back the Ltd company?

14. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab New Member

15. YTC

YTC Human Man

He's been given the company back. Thats the whole point.

16. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

It is, so we at the stage where Hadley came in?. i.e. about to go bust?

17. YTC

YTC Human Man

It's not far off, Meadow have basically done a massive shit in the middle of the floor, and walked away.

18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Did he ever relinquish his majority shareholding in the first place? Therefore surely Meadow's pledge to hand the club over to DHST in the event of the redevelopment being completed is meaningless, as the club is not theirs to hand over?

19. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

I seem to remember they had a binding agreement the developers would take over at a certain point. (Perhaps when planning permission was granted, perhaps when the development was finished.) That would then permit them to hand the club on.

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Where's a structured dialogue and supporter communications person when you need one?

21. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I have a question... so Meadows were funding the club, the playing budget, the staff, the ground improvements, etc. Now they're talking about that money being funded by their investors, and how they can't continue with this level of spending when it may be that these investors won't get this money back. Does that mean all of the money spent on the club by Meadows is now club debt?

Why were they funding all this stuff in the first place? (Given that it obviously wasn't kindness).

editor likes this.
  22. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Kevin Rye answer please

not-bono-ever and blueheaven like this.
  23. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

...also, why are Meadows so convinced that the club cannot continue to run without their support? Surely our crowds and bar income, on top of the 12th man fund, are enough to keep the club running (even if that means a smaller playing budget). Is there a huge cost involved somewhere that we're not being told about? If Meadows own the stadium, does that mean the club pays rent to them?

Like all of us I'll give what I can, but to be honest that's not a huge amount. As a season ticket holder I've decided not to use my season ticket for remaining games and will pay at the gate instead. Or would it be better for the club if I carried on using my season ticket and gave my entry money directly to the 12th Man fund?

Big G 76, PartisanDulwich and YTC like this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

You would be better off using your season ticket and making donations into the "12th Man" bucket. That way EVERYTHING you donate goes to the playing budget.

25. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

What Mishi said, I don't believe there will be any 'profit' to share.

Blitzwalker, dcdulwich and blueheaven like this.
  26. Big G 76

Big G 76 Member

It really is catch 22 about spending in the bar etc. Which funds go directly to the club?

Obviously 12th Man Scheme
    Joining the DHFC Trust
    All mega container profits
    50/50 draw
    Programme sales? (im not sure)

Have I missed anything?

27. YTC

YTC Human Man

I'd say if the bar takings were lower, but turnstiles were big, and 12th man was big, we'd hurt them and keep ourselves going. Or at least give us a chance too.

If 3000 people turn up, it's going to be hard to stop people using the bar, unless people organise and put information up.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Happy to help there but this is probably a conversation for 'elsewhere.'

29. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Trust membership goes to the Trust and at present we give the club a % of the profits.

Big G 76 likes this.
  30. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

How much can Hadley or meadow still screw out of the club in likes of ground rent or such, whilst club continues to play at ground.......either ongoing or until the matter is resolved?