1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive tower coming to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'New York/US' started by editor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

It's big, Jim:

[​IMG]

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

73 storeys? There's dozens of towers that height and higher going up in Toronto.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The point you're missing is that it it massive compared to everything around it. Obviously there are plenty of taller towers across the river in Manhattan.

4. Pickman's model

no, the towers in toronto are and will be massively taller than existing buildings. except the cn tower, of course.

5. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

Either way, it's fugly.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What's Toronto got to so with this? I'm sure there's big towers going up everywhere around the globe, but this is quite big news for Brooklyn/New York, and having a single tower twice the size of everything else around it will have a huge impact on the local landscape.

7. Pickman's model

skyscraper erected in new york not really imo the story you believe it to be.

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's of some interest if you live (or are interested) in Brooklyn which is not covered in huge skyscrapers: it's actually relatively low rise there.

I don't give a fuck what's going on in Toronto and seeing as your sole purpose in this thread seems to be disrupt it, I will ask you to kindly desist.

For anyone interested in the actual story, there's some background here: http://gizmodo.com/this-super-futuristic-skyscraper-for-brooklyn-will-prob-1759751039

Ted Striker likes this.
  9. petee

petee i'm spartacus

It's not New York, it's Bklyn.
    It's going to be bizarre.

editor likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm surprised it's getting the go ahead particularly as it's sticking out of the top of the landmark bank.

11. hot air baboon

hot air baboon Well-Known Member

...makes sense...they must be desperately short of space in Canada...

Pickman's model likes this.
  12. AuntiStella

AuntiStella I like being irrelevant

for one it'll be used as justification to usher in more towers of similar or slightly lesser stature. It'll be a new mini Manhattan by the time the developers have finished.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. AuntiStella

AuntiStella I like being irrelevant

15. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Looks like something straight out of Dubai, especially with the domed mosque looking thing next to it. Quite out of place in low rise Brooklyn and the more classicly designed skyscrapers of Manhattan.

Meh.

editor likes this.
  16. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

As I'm sure you are aware, that statement is factually incorrect on two levels.

Pickman's model likes this.
  17. Pickman's model

it had to get permission from new york city because of the age (built 1908) of the bank

18. petee

petee i'm spartacus

tendentious article that was too. it's "progressive" of bklyn to be putting up this stuff. i'll also wait to see what their idea of "affordable" housing is.
    btw it's still possible to be a dik with skyscrapers in manhattan too. this 432 Park Avenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is now stabbing all of us in the eye.

well i don't live here or anything so how would i know.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  19. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

if you don't know what city and state the borough of Brooklyn are in then I suggest looking at some maps, books or the internet to help you.

20. Reno

Reno The In Kraut