Mark E Smith from the Fall has died

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by trashpony, Jan 24, 2018.

1. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Great article, thank you for the link.

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I dont know why but that track has made me imagine him calling bingo in hell.

3. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Statement from his sisters here.

Lung and kidney cancer, poor bloke. Jesus.

danny la rouge likes this.
  4. Voley

This was the last time I saw them. Ah fuck I'm missing the old bastard.

the-fall-3-002.jpg

5. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

MES No sellout.

6. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

Suspected something like.

Was playing various Fall songs earlier and my lad said "What's THAT?" so I told him and he was astonished there was an English singer who sang in his own accent :D

Fozzie Bear and albionism like this.
  7. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

Let's hope for a Bingomaster's Breakout ;)

William of Walworth likes this.
  8. Voley

Been listening to Code:Selfish era today. Bloody wonderful.

"This is the spring without end.
    This is the summer of malcontent.
    This is the winter of your mind."

9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I am still learning about the prolific output of the Fall and was not even aware of that when I made my bingo comment - will check it out, cheers.

10. butchersapron

11. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

To be fair, pick any two random words and it's statistically more likely to be a Fall song than not.

12. butchersapron

13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Been doing two Fall albums a week since he died. Lots of amazing catching up. “Shift-Work” is the only one i’ve not got on with so far. (And i’ve got mates who swear by it so will check it out some more).

14. butchersapron

Different fall. It's superb.

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  15. butchersapron

Great line about the evil of the phone on easter sunday in garden.

16. Patteran

Patteran A nowadays excuse

MES_clough.jpg

I'm sure there was a C&A line of jumpers like that. Great dishevelled Perry Boy look in the video - fringe & Peter Werth-style stripe.

17. butchersapron

Never could tell if it was accidental or helped - given he appeared in pixie boots and full length barbour style mac at same time. All came together in that one though.

18. Patteran

Patteran A nowadays excuse

Pixie boots & tucker boots - I'd forgotten about them. I reckon accidental as a thing, just normative locally. That proto-casual look, now categorised & fetishised, was the default at the time & place - if you went to the barbers, that was the cut you got, & the rest was basically school uniform, wasn't it - farah slacks, black adidas or grey slip ons (with the backs trod down) & a jumper. I asked one of the old barbers round here about The Perry - he reckoned it was originally 'The Perry Como', & as it grew out, the fringe became a flick, later exaggerated & layered.

19. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I really got into the half-dozen or so albums that I listened to after his death, listened to them way too much every since. Mostly earlier stuff, and not enough to feel like I know what I am talking about.

But I did think of this song when a certain long-term poster got banned recently.