Margate vs. Dulwich Hamlet, 13th Jan 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Jan 8, 2018.

1. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

I know my 16 year old son did and those around him. Unfortunately I was the other side of the rabble

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  2. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

Challenge them, that is

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Think these same so called fans may have also been causing issues in the Spoons (maybe 6 in total)

4. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

From where we were I thought it was comfortably the most vocal support this season, tremendous noise created and credit to everyone who went down

dcdulwich and the 12th man like this.
  5. andrew Payne

andrew Payne New Member

Margate fan in peace here - for what its worth you have always come down to Margate with a rowdy but friendly bunch and as always you made a lot of noise (a credit to your club)... as for any "twats" unfortunately we all have them and Im sure there will be some of your fans that have had a not so nice experience at MFC. Not the result you wanted but Im sure you'll agree the atmosphere was good on the whole - heres hoping the return fixture is as competitive :)

Lucy Fur, Abanico, Fingers and 8 others like this.
  6. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

I am assuming these were the same tossers who were playing up in the Mechanical Elephant.

7. Fingers

a photo of three of them has been passed to the club.

Dulwich Mishi, B.I.G and crocustim like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Can we not share it quietly here?

9. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Just to update all, you are welcome to share the photo in an atttempt to identify these guys. We will be passing on any photos to the matchday operations team to stop their entry and an investigation of events will take place.
    In the mean time can i ask that if this sort of thing does happen that you report the incident to the host club/stewards and also bring it to the attenton thereafter of a DHFC club official.
    This sort of behaviour will not be tollerated!

editor likes this.
  10. Fingers

11. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

12. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Did this carry on for 90 minutes or did it stop after something was said to them?

Pink Panther likes this.
  13. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Spot the Hammond.

14. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Wasn't there, was off gallivanting in Bournemouth

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd like to think that the one in the scarf wasn't as bad and he'd brought along his homophobic pals because they happened to live locally. But that's probably wishful thinking.

16. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

They where on the train from Victoria

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Side on view from the freekick attempt on goal.

19. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

Not sure I've ever seen them before.

20. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I've definitely seen them at champion hill.

21. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's the group that have been rather annoying and pushing it with some of their chants / comments at home lately

crocustim likes this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Let's put some of our expensive provision of stewards to work then, and get the fuckers banned.

23. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Se what happens if they do it again on Saturday and stewards are asked to intervene. They'll run a mile rather than actually do their job and eject them, I have seen this happen before when they are directly asked to act on something.

darryl likes this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If they fail to do the job they're being paid for, let's ensure that we get their numbers and lodge a complaint.

25. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Two stewards (Tweedledum and Tweedledee) got militant pretty quickly when I politely asked them not to stand on the steps in the main stand during the Folkestone game. I know that lots of people missed/had an impaired view of Nathan Green's goal as a consequence of their burly frames.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well let's mobilise and start recording the incidents. We're all paying for this added security that nobody wanted, so let's start making them accountable.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  27. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Reported my incident to Chris, no interest....

darryl likes this.
  28. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

No point. They don't give two shits. The stewards, along with Chris, are part of the Meadow problem.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If the stewards are failing to carry out their duties and ensure the safety and well-being of the fans, I'd say there is definitely things we can do.

30. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

They should be positioned at the top of the steps, where they can have the best view of the spectators, without getting in anyone's way and making sure people don't stand on the stairs. There are times when it gets pretty tiresome having to call out to people standing on the stairs at the far end, and on one or two occasions people have got quite stroppy and argumentative when asked to move. The stewards should be dealing with that as a matter of course.

blueheaven likes this.