Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Margate v Dulwich Hamlet, play off semi final

Scutta

Live Fast Die Bizarre
That's an interesting read. My limited understanding is that the FA recommended no punishment, but referred it to the Ryman League for further consideration of League rules. The Ryman League, bottling it, referred it back to the FA Promotions Committee as it involves a possible promotion out of the league. But now I don't know where I read that.
this sounds the most logical.... problem is logic doesnt seem to be a factor here

Tony_LeaS

Even if the decision comes from the League and not the FA, how come we are only hearing of it now? (Unaware if the sanction was talked about anywhere else, or mentioned previously)

Scutta

Live Fast Die Bizarre
So basically,

Although they just get a warning (no fine) from the FA they have still been found guilty.... which then means they are subject to the league charge of 3 point deduction.

So they have to appeal this decision to make sure they are not subject to the leagues punishment... so if the FA uphold the guilty verdict then this looks like it could really drag..

I hope enfield get let off now.... but i very much doubt it...

ETA: just a theory.. from discussions on twitter but seems to fit.

B.I.G

So basically,

Although they just get a warning (no fine) from the FA they have still been found guilty.... which then means they are subject to the league charge of 3 point deduction.

So they have to appeal this decision to make sure they are not subject to the leagues punishment... so if the FA uphold the guilty verdict then this looks like it could really drag..

I hope enfield get let off now.... but i very much doubt it...

ETA: just a theory.. from discussions on twitter but seems to fit.
Seems right, if this was the championship playoffs it would have been heard already :(

Brixton Hatter

Home is south London mate
Enfield are blatantly guilty.

They didn't do their checks properly and relied on the player saying he "couldn't remember" how many bookings he'd had. Pathetic.

3 point deduction, any day of the week.

(Unless it's play-off week, in which case perhaps we're in dodgy handshake territory…)

Our game should go ahead. #shambles

SDE

So, if I've got this right... FA say Enfield are guilty but - under their rules - it's just a warning. However, that guilty verdict then gets passed to the Ryman league, whose own rules state that if guilty of such a charge it's an immediate 3 point deduction. So, must be a 3 point deduction. Ok. Got it. Crap rules but them's the rules. Done deal. That is, barring any successful appeal by Enfield to the FA on Thursday, but this is very unlikely as it would make the FA look even more incompetent than they currently do on this sordid matter. I guess there is also now an appeal opportunity for Enfield to the Ryman, which could drag things further, but the Ryman are so spineless they'll just mirror the FA activity. See you next Thursday night in Margate.

Scutta

Live Fast Die Bizarre
So, if I've got this right... FA say Enfield are guilty but - under their rules - it's just a warning. However, that guilty verdict then gets passed to the Ryman league, whose own rules state that if guilty of such a charge it's an immediate 3 point deduction. So, must be a 3 point deduction. Ok. Got it. Crap rules but them's the rules. Done deal. That is, barring any successful appeal by Enfield to the FA on Thursday, but this is very unlikely as it would make the FA look even more incompetent than they currently do on this sordid matter. I guess there is also now an appeal opportunity for Enfield to the Ryman, which could drag things further, but the Ryman are so spineless they'll just mirror the FA activity. See you next Thursday night in Margate.
thats how it seems:facepalm::mad:

SDE

Then I'm convinced. We should do the post-season friendly thing this Thursday night, put fwd the winner into the play-off final and stick two fingers up to the skanky rule-makers.

Griff_Turnstile

Flitting in & out like Tinkerbell on Meth
Points 23 & 24 seem to stand out to me where Mr Ives of the FA seems to have made a informal decision outside his powers that the Enfield secretary has relied on. Unfortunately some of the secretary's other actions, no matter how honest they were, do not help the Enfield case - unable to remember which database he searched, the player saying he had "eight or nine" bookings then only acting when he saw a single booking against the player's name after he was booked for them. The FA suspension website has its bugs but there is a page which has players one booking away from suspensions, 8 or 9 should ring alarm bells but it doesn't seem to have done in this case.

SDE

So you think the 3 points deduction this term is a done deal Griff?

Meanwhile, anyone up for Folkestone v Dulwich Legends (aka Merstham) in the Ryman South play-off final on Saturday? Just contemplating the logistics and options, given I'll be otherwise starved of my expected non-league footy over the next few days.

B.I.G

So you think the 3 points deduction this term is a done deal Griff?

Meanwhile, anyone up for Folkestone v Dulwich Legends (aka Merstham) in the Ryman South play-off final on Saturday? Just contemplating the logistics and options, given I'll be otherwise starved of my expected non-league footy over the next few days.
I might go but we may play Margate that day?

SDE

Very slim chance, I'd say. I reckon we'll be playing next Wednesday. Let's call it last minute. I'll try to keep Saturday free as long as possible and not get smashed up on quack candles. Easier said than done.

Griff_Turnstile

Folkestone v Merstham in the South PO Final? Now that's the horns of the Dali Lama. All those Dulwich alumni in the Merstham side against a seaside drinking town? Might be worth a day out. Also could propose the above solution albeit to be shouted at Ryman League officials there to make the presentations.

B.I.G

Folkestone v Merstham in the South PO Final? Now that's the horns of the Dali Lama. All those Dulwich alumni in the Merstham side against a seaside drinking town? Might be worth a day out. Also could propose the above solution albeit to be shouted at Ryman League officials there to make the presentations.
I have written a special song to be sung to any officials at any potential playoff game :thumbs:

Griff_Turnstile

My reckoning is the decision will be taken to play have the semis on Bank Holiday Monday when its impossible to hire a coach, the only direct trains to Margate depart from St Pancreas, there are engineering works this side of the river with copious changes or replacement buses.

B.I.G

My reckoning is the decision will be taken to play have the semis on Bank Holiday Monday when its impossible to hire a coach, the only direct trains to Margate depart from St Pancreas, there are engineering works this side of the river with copious changes or replacement buses.
Griff - you could be hired by the FA as a consultant :p

dcdulwich

Blimey you're not joking. Over five hours on the train (if all goes well)....

image.jpg

Lucy Fur

as a club we have excelled ourselves over the last few seasons, and especially, possibly this season, of promoting anti sexism, anti racism, anti homophobism, pro community, pro football, pro respect!. Respectful of the fans who have visited us, and to those fans we have travelled to. In that frame of mind, at least (by ticket sales), some 200 of us had made arrangements, to go to this game. A whole season of promoting the very positive name the FA/Ryman league wish to encourage, of our own backs and out of our own wallets. And as a club, and especialy those involved with the supporters trust, we have done that through both national and local media, and commitment. And the response from the fa/ryman league to this is to shit all over that. Bastards. Trickle down my arse. look at the fines the FA pull in every week, they should compensate, but we know they wont. Fuck em,I dont know how we do it, but i for one will contribute to a slush fund for all those out of pocket, a night at the clubhouse maybe in a week or two with a bucket passed round? FA/Rymans=Wankers.
Ev Thayre

B.I.G

as a club we have excelled ourselves over the last few seasons, and especially, possibly this season, of promoting anti sexism, anti racism, anti homophobism, pro community, pro football, pro respect!. Respectful of the fans who have visited us, and to those fans we have travelled to. In that frame of mind, at least (by ticket sales), some 200 of us had made arrangements, to go to this game. A whole season of promoting the very positive name the FA/Ryman league wish to encourage, of our own backs and out of our own wallets. And as a club, and especialy those involved with the supporters trust, we have done that through both national and local media, and commitment. And the response from the fa/ryman league to this is to shit all over that. Bastards. Trickle down my arse. look at the fines the FA pull in every week, they should compensate, but we know they wont. Fuck em,I dont know how we do it, but i for one will contribute to a slush fund for all those out of pocket, a night at the clubhouse maybe in a week or two with a bucket passed round? FA/Rymans=Wankers.
Ev Thayre
Post of the year.

iamwithnail

Excellent shout tbf. If it's the bank holiday, I'll take the hit and drive in the in-laws Zafira, so 6 seats going... not comfortably for grown ups, but still!