Margate v Dulwich Hamlet, play off semi final

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

And Robert loved it...milking the crowd, working the cameras...as one would expect!;)

2. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

so the season is over,

just glad I made 1 game, hope its different for Dulwich next time around and they win the league title !

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

It is because it is nice, and it is 75% Rum 25% coca cola.

And because he is a #legend.

Christian Burt, Scutta and darryl like this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Nonsense! TRUE legends don't repeatedly call themselves legends! ;)

Jamie Wyatt, darryl and B.I.G like this.
  5. gareth taylor

like yourself !

6. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

That was enjoyable away day despite the minority of bellends. those that stayed over went to the Lifeboat (they promIsed earlier in the day that they would stay open until 2am) And they did i think, memory got bit fuzzy but they had folk bands on and stuff.

Felt like death warmed up today. Had to go to the pub with my mother this evening but she had a pint as went home, also met an urbanite beforehand to have a couple of liveners with.

right what are we going to do for the next few months? No doubt there will be some socials along the way and some demos we can get behind. Each season I watch the Hamlet, I meet more and more excellent people

StephenMac, Terry.c and editor like this.
  7. Fingers

Oh and I met Mr Öztümer again last night which was ace and I was made up he still follows us and travelled an away day to such an important game!

8. editor

editor hiraethified

One of my memory cards stuffed full of photos from the game has seriously fucked up so it may be a while before I get anything published.

9. Fingers

Eek, I did not take many due to being totally pissed up but i will see what i have in the morning

10. editor

editor hiraethified

I've got a fair few and I've managed to salvage a couple. Report tomorrow for tonight I DRINK TO FORGET.

Meanwhile, look at this for sheer Hamlectasy:

del.jpg

Terry.c, darryl, SDE and 1 other person like this.
  11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The journalist and author Caitlin Moran recently observed that "When you hear one bloke describing another bloke as a 'legend', it's usually a wanker describing a cunt!"

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's small town England for you. It sounds like Whyteleafe had it far worse a few miles along the Kent coast at Folkestone for their D1S play off semi a couple of weeks back. The annoying thing is that's probably the first time they've been to the ground all season (with the possible exception of the early season league match with Maidstone) and they spoil it for Hamlet fans who've been following their team all over south east England all season, and also for some of their own loyal regulars. The Margate crowd seemed fairly civilised for our league visit in January, and for the FA Cup visit last season when I was there.

13. Dulwich Mishi

Well I think Erhun is a legend, but he's not a cunt...so half right! ;)

14. Dulwich Mishi

Typo...you meant Merstham. But yes, some of their fans were apologetic...but I think even some of their decent ones can't quite fathom some of our support! ;)

15. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Whyteleafe fans had problems there for the play off semi too. It was all over both club's messageboards.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  16. gareth taylor

the report on Brixton buzz due soon ?

17. gareth taylor

after all that has happened is anyone just glad the season is over ?

18. EDC

No, I wanted to be able to be in the final tomorrow.

Terry.c, Scutta, Matboy_Slim and 2 others like this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

As EDC says..I'd rather be in the final tomorrow. As it is...if it's not raining I'll probably pop over there as a neutral. Not really supporting either. Got a lot of time for Gary McCann, the Hendon manager, so my heart wants them to win. But my head says Margate, so we don't have to compete against their huge budget next season.

20. editor

editor hiraethified

I'd rather have another visit to Margate (with Dreamland open) than face another trudge up to the suburban dullness of Hendon /Harrow's ground.

clog, Moroccan Sunset and Terry.c like this.
  21. EDC

From a day out point of view and playing a match in front of a decent attendance it's Margate for me too, for footballing reasons it would be better if they were promoted and out of the way.

Scolly and Matboy_Slim like this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

Well we will have to go to Harrow anyway, & Hendon are hoping to re-locate at some stage to Kingsbury; at the old Kingsbury Town ground.

EDC likes this.
  23. editor

editor hiraethified

Once per season is more than enough.

24. Dulwich Mishi

Reasonable ground, ok bar, not far from from the station, in the London travelcard zones...there could be worse...

25. editor

editor hiraethified

It's one of the worse for me. Dull, boring and suburban and a pain to get to.

26. gareth taylor

for me I missed Wrexham's last game away to telford a long season takes it out of you sometimes !

Champion_hill likes this.
  27. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I wouldn't pay attention to anything she says

28. editor

editor hiraethified

A mere 367 turned up for the Hendon v Met Police play off.

29. editor

editor hiraethified

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We had a great season.

Well done everyone.

Lucy Fur, darryl and editor like this.