Margate v Dulwich Hamlet, play off semi final

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Well, assuming all the pubs have roofs, we only need to worry about the rain for a couple of hours.

the 12th man and Cyclodunc like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

IF it rains, which it look like it will, I will be concerned about the howling wind blowing in over the sea, the torrential rain, and the wind chill having an effect on our passing game.

:hmm:

4. editor

editor hiraethified

Could it be even wetter than Bognor away?!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B.I.G likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Statistically wise a football match lasts 90 minutes. Goals that are scored in stoppage time are listed as the 90th minute on all correctly kept statistics. Otherwise, in a cup tie, for example, a goal might be scored four minutes into stoppage time, as an equaliser, which would be '94th minute'. Football matches last 90 minutes, therefore extra time starts in the 91st minute...so a goal, under your tallying would be scored in the 94th minute to equalised; BUT in the first minute of extra time would be in the 91st!
    I think that the 123rd minute thing you mentioned was not the official time of the goal scored, but something made up by a journalist...and, as you should know better than most, NEVER trust a journalist! ;)

6. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

If our game does get rained off, can we cancel the Hendon - Met game too? It would be unfair otherwise, right? :rolleyes:

7. Tony_LeaS

Tony_LeaS Well-Known Member

Well that's my ticket for tomorrow sorted, and coach seat. Let's just hope the weathers as off as the Exit Polls were.

8. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

:D:D:D:D
    Here's some more straws for you to clutch at... ;):D dinostraw.jpg

9. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

10. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

I'm pretty sure this is just for Margate fans, Griff...

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it is not!

12. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

'Margate Football Club supporters can travel FREE to and from home games at Hartsdown Park' ??

13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Not even robot chairman is going to turn away an old man that needs assistance.

14. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Disguise yourself as a Margate fan? Hide your colours & wear a UKIP rosette?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

15. gringo mfc

gringo mfc New Member

Shuttle bus is for everyone guys, have a safe trip down.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Thanks Gringo. I am the NWS of the DHFC forum.

gringo mfc likes this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

gringo mfc What do you anticipate attendance? Can we all huddle under the covered stand please....

I don't want to get wet.

Fingers likes this.
  19. gringo mfc

gringo mfc New Member

Hard to judge the attendance given the fiasco, still selling tickets on the gate atm. I would guess around 1700, the rain could put a few off. Our temp stand at the coffin end has now been removed, so standing room only

B.I.G likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Muddy? Wellington boots?

21. gringo mfc

gringo mfc New Member

Wellington boots and a pac a mac strongly advised! Brolly will be useless in the Hartsdown gales. ;)

B.I.G likes this.
  22. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

the whole play off saga !!!

23. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

to all enjoy margate midweek !

24. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

The TV forecast looks hideous. For those who are going, I wish you luck - roar 'em on. I'll be dodging the rain in London with fingers crossed...

Fingers likes this.
  25. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

So will the normal things be happening on the coach?
    The coach raffle?
    Mishi's all aboard the sky lark?

Fingers likes this.
  26. Terry.c

Terry.c Member

So looking forward margate, Found out last night I could have tonight off work, unfortunately I'm driving as I have to wait for Tom to finish school, otherwise it would have been all aboard the skylark, so it's going to be a dry night for me except for the rain. We are just going to get soaked. Singing in the rain just singing in the rain, what a wonderful feeling were happy again. COME ON DULWICH.

SDE, Scolly, Christian Burt and 5 others like this.
  27. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Good luck everyone who is going tonight, wish I could be with you but will be busy keeping up with the play via twitter probably!

28. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

I was hoping the weather forecast would get better as we got closer, but if anything it is getting worse.

Ah well, I'm excited anyway.

29. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I have now purchased an extra large packet for skittles for him!

Terry.c likes this.
  30. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Really hope the pink and blues can do it tonight and I get a final on Sunday!

Whatever happens, it's a guarantee that the Rabble won't stop singing, in the rain or dry.

Get stuck in lads!!