Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Margate v Dulwich Hamlet, play off semi final

darryl

this wasn't supposed to happen
And now, we shall return to having a drink in the George & Dragon in Tonbridge.

:):D:thumbs:

iamwithnail

When will they be on sale except tomorrow? Probably not going to be back in town on time, unless someone wants to get me one/coach ticket.

Al Crane

I'm not there (again) but can make the final so fingers crossed! Although I hear rumours of postponements due to the Enfield situation, presumably our semi final remains unaffected and can go ahead regardless.

We've no reason to fear Margate as we've beaten them home and away and they're the ones under pressure from spending mega bucks on the squad. I think we've got some momentum going into the play offs and certainly a lot more resolve than we've generally had in recent months so I'm reasonably confident.

Al Crane

Should have checked the latest news before I wrote the above. The Isthmian league have issued a statement to say that a hearing will take place on Thursday so until that's sorted out the play off semi finals are not confirmed.

This is possibly good news if you couldn't make the semi finals but a fine example of the bumbling, disorganised idiots who run the FA/Isthmian league. How can Margate sell tickets without knowing when the game is? How can we organise coaches? What a mess!

SDE

Can't see why they can't confirm our game either way as well. From the wording it's hard to know whether to book a Margate hotel or not for Thursday night.

B.I.G

Can't see why they can't confirm our game either way as well. From the wording it's hard to know whether to book a Margate hotel or not for Thursday night.
Book one that allows cancellation, but I reckon game 90% likely to go ahead, as Enfield will surely agree to an earlier hearing.

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager
I've already booked a hotel, and taken time off work, so I'd be very annoyed if they changed our game. Surely they won't, as there's no chance it could be affected by the Enfield situation. Although the FA aren't famous for basic competence...

Cyclodunc

Where's the slam tent, mate?
Going to grab a ticket today. Really looking forward to making it an even better time than the january game

Scutta

Live Fast Die Bizarre
I've already booked a hotel, and taken time off work, so I'd be very annoyed if they changed our game. Surely they won't, as there's no chance it could be affected by the Enfield situation. Although the FA aren't famous for basic competence...
can i sleep on your floor :thumbs:

RichardMoon

How do playoffs work in this league (have looked but can't find a clear answer)? Is it over two legs or just one?

And when / where is the final?

I've got no chance of getting to Margate on a Tuesday evening, but hope a good crowd can get there to cheer the boys on!

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager
How do playoffs work in this league (have looked but can't find a clear answer)? Is it over two legs or just one?

And when / where is the final?

I've got no chance of getting to Margate on a Tuesday evening, but hope a good crowd can get there to cheer the boys on!
One leg. In the final the team who finished higher in the league would be at home. So if we got through we could be at home if Enfield/Met Police (depending on the points deduction) also got through.

RichardMoon

Cheers for that.

Just realised it's Thursday not Tuesday, but still no chance of going that far on a school night. :(

I'll be keeping an eye on twitter though and fingers crossed I'll have the chance to go to a final at Champion Hill....

LocalMadMan

Football. Beer. Punk Rock.
As it stands I'll be in the air en route to Barcelona while the Margit match is played. Needless to say I won't be too disappointed if the match gets moved. ;)

editor

hiraethified
Do the tickets have to be collected? And if so, is anyone from the Brixton area going down that can grab one for me, please?

dcdulwich