March Photography Thread

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Johnny Canuck3, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

These were taken last day of Feb, but uploaded in March, so, there it is. :)

[​IMG]

2. Johnny Canuck3

3. Kingdom

Kingdom Music For Hairports

4. Johnny Canuck3

5. stowpirate

stowpirate skinflintish camera nut

6. Johnny Canuck3

7. Johnny Canuck3

8. Johnny Canuck3

9. Johnny Canuck3

10. Johnny Canuck3

11. Johnny Canuck3

12. Johnny Canuck3

13. e19896

e19896 kill all ANARCHIST R.I.P.

Johnny Canuck2 it has to be said I come her to view work often this is hampered by the way you abuse this post i.e. the monthly one, it states 5 images a time you work round that and post one following another, so we have to wade past what is to be frank not so good stuff to see others and often slowing it down it has to be frank put me of looking.

At this post at time when I see Johnny Canuck2 has posted I now tend to Waite to view, but then one is hampered by the amount of images you place here, please please think of others i.e. a link to the rest (people will view if interested) and what you feel is the best you have taken along with some conversation and comment on others work in words ebb n flow..

14. stowpirate

Sometimes I am also guilty of this sin albeit yes this page so far has a distinct Johnny Canuck2 overload. Saying that two photos stood out as being quite good, the 1950's car and the high five. :)

15. stowpirate

[​IMG]
    This is what happens when things go wrong. Uneven development has created stripes across the negative. The image was taken in very low ligth so possibly a step too far. It is Batch valley Shropshire taken with a Moskva 2 folding camera :)

From same camera and film albeit three quarters of a negative with obvious defect down one side

[​IMG]

This is a botched attempt to correct fault

[​IMG]

16. e19896

indeed i liked them..

17. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

This batch look a lot of fun :)

18. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Oi!

Remember that this thread was started as somewhere you could post whatever you wanted without criticism - there are other threads for that.

19. cybertect

cybertect It's grim up north (London)

Faryners House, Pudding Lane & Monument Street EC3

[​IMG]

Upper Thames Street EC4

[​IMG]

20. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

:hmm:

Attached Files:

21. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

who you taking to :hmm:

22. e19896

Indeed and so what we feed people a lie, art without criticism is imposed it was nither criticism but a point of view i like criticism it motvates me to move on:hmm:

23. Johnny Canuck3

The Olympics happen once every two years. Given their nature, you might call them a 'photo-op-rich environment'. I thought that some people might be interested in seeing what the event was like from the ground level, as it were.

It isn't my intention to misuse anything. Also, I wasn't aware that there was a five photo limit: if so, during what time period does it apply?

Anyway, I have always seen this thread as being a place to share, more than as a place to show off. That was my intention: to share.

24. Johnny Canuck3

p.s. I still have more olympic photos, which I'll be posting on this thread. I hope that enumbers will bear with me: the number of photos left is finite. Then, all that's left, is whatever photos happen to get generated by the Paralympics, which start mid month. :)

25. Johnny Canuck3

You know, if you are somehow upset or angered by the presence of my photos, put me on ignore, and then all you'll see, is a single line of text, and no photos. It will speed up your thread loading time, as well.

26. Johnny Canuck3

Use your brain. Whether a post is made by me or someone else, it will contain a photo/photos. The number of photos per page will generally be about the same, no matter who the poster is.

Btw, if you check back through earlier monthly photo threads, you'll find that I'm usually not the most prolific poster. A couple of other people are: arguably your complaint, if it held any water, would apply to them as well.

You've displayed an animosity to me for quite some time. I recall last month, you followed up some of my photos, with a blank picture. I think it was your way of making a sarcastic comment. Really, it makes no matter to me if you want to sit and begin steaming in your own juices whenever you see a photo from me, whatever your personal reasons might be for doing so. But it seems to me, that these noncritical photo threads are one of the few 'pleasant' places, where, as I said before, people can share.

I'll continue to post photos in spite of your unpleasant comments. All that your comments and displays of animosity will do, is make everyone a little uncomfortable, and help to wreck what usually is a pleasant place.

27. Johnny Canuck3

Thanks. I like the other ones, too: otherwise, I wouldn't have wanted to share them. But, different tastes for different people. :)

28. Johnny Canuck3

29. Kingdom

Kingdom Music For Hairports

30. Johnny Canuck3

I thought about this, and the alleged 'five photo rule'. Fact is, this thread concept was mine in the first place. When I got back into photos, the only thread was the 'submit to critics' thread. To me, that was a thread for the brave, someone who wants to stand in front of an auditorium, hold up a photo, and then say 'ok, let me have it'. :)

Some people have an interest in that, and some have an interest in picking apart other people's photos. Same as, some people like to discuss music, the theory, the influences, etc. Some people just want to listen to the music, and tap their foot.

This thread got made by me, as a place for the people who like to listen to the music and tap their feet, but with pictures, if you know what I mean. :)

Also, when I made it, I didn't envision any photo limit rules. I like photography and photos, and I envisioned this as a place for like-minded people. What that means is, photos get posted on here that I might not have taken, but I enjoy the visual impact of other people's photos. I also enjoy thinking about what it was that the person saw in the scene. So it means that if Cybertect or Stowpirate put up photos of the sides of buildings or buses or cottages, they might not be like my photos, but I like the effect of the thread opening, and there are these images. They're big, and they have an impact, and the impact is enjoyable, even if they aren't photos of my chosen subject.

Part of it is, I can tell that Stowpirate and Cybertect, and many others, are tickled pink by their photos, and they're excited about showing them to the world. And that excitement comes through.

So to Cybertect and Stowpirate and all the others I say: post early; post often! :) The more the merrier. All of your photos are appreciated and welcome here, by the other people who love photography, who love the visual image. The critics and their followers have a place to dissect each other's creativity. On here, we tap our feet, and groove to the music. :)